CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle Creation was fucking DUMB. Sandberg is such a WANnabe. He can create a nice atmosphere but cannot deliver on scares. The characters are moronic as hell too. Only a few people are staying for the post credits scene right now. I heard a lot of mixed reactions as people were leaving.

Image result for cringe gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if a Disney/Pixar/DW CGI animated horror movie would do well in today's market considering how big the animation and horror genre have become.

The problem is that no one expects an animated feature to be rated above PG.

• Like 3

Just now, cannastop said:

The problem is that no one expects an animated feature to be rated above PG.

This is also sadly true. Even though Disney/Pixar/Laika/Aardman/WAG/Dreamworks makes quality animated films for kids and adults, animation will be looked at as kiddy entertainment by the GA which is saddening 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle Creation was fucking DUMB. Sandberg is such a WANnabe. He can create a nice atmosphere but cannot deliver on scares. The characters are moronic as hell too. Only a few people are staying for the post credits scene right now. I heard a lot of mixed reactions as people were leaving.

Given your (lack of) luck this year, this confirms that Annabelle 2 will be a smash 100M+ hit.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I said it a while back, but expect a #2 all-time domestic year for Warners in 2017 after their #3 all-time domestic the year before.

report-boxing01.jpg

2018 seems like a great year for them as well but not as good as 2017 so i don't know if they can hold on to the spot. Aquaman,Ocean's 8 and,Tomb Raider,The Nun and Ready Player One should be good.Buuuut 2019 again seems like a biggie for them with the return of the queen,Shazam! (which could be really huge if they find the perfect tone) ,another DCEU film (which HOLLY HELL could be Reeve's The Batman),Godzilla 2 and to WB Event films that i have no idea what they are.

The DCEU alone could bring as much as 1B Domestically.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The salt when Annabelle tops 3 consecutive weekends will be amazing.

It will top 4... or are you expecting Hitman's Bodyguard to take over at some point?

Just now, CJohn said:

It will top 4... or are you expecting Hitman's Bodyguard to take over at some point?

And then IT will take 9/8/17-9/10/17 and beats mother! On it's second OW. Then Ninjago beats Kingsman OW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

2018 seems like a great year for them as well but not as good as 2017 so i don't know if they can hold on to the spot. Aquaman,Ocean's 8 and,Tomb Raider,The Nun and Ready Player One should be good.

you forget Beasts

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Warner Animation needs to up their game, they may be doing better than Sony/Paramount but they need solid international and domestic footing.

International more. Their domestic results are good.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

A2 will stay #1 till SW8 opens at which point it will drop to #2. But in SW8's 2nd weekend A2 will be back to #1 through Jan and Feb. In March it will be displaced by Sherlock Gnomes.

17 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Incidentally Smurfs: Lost Village previewed with $375,000 but that was outside summer. That did 13.2 ow/45 dom

If NUT JOB 2 does 11-12 ow / ~35 dom, and 50-70 os, then on a prod budget of 40 the movie won't loose the studio any money.

How is it gonna make more overseas, when the original did less than 1/2 its total business overseas?  This is a money loser...it's just not gonna be a question of how much...

Just now, grim22 said:

Inhumans will win. The power of Medusa cannot be denied

ggj6qzj2ce7gksqryl73.gif

Might be a silly question but will there be numbers available for the Imax screenings?

Edited by jking123
forgot quote :(

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

2018 seems like a great year for them as well but not as good as 2017 so i don't know if they can hold on to the spot.

They should take a step back in 2018 compared to 2016 and 2017. Having two DCEU movies is basically $650mil DOM minimum and that's not happening next year.

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

2018 seems like a great year for them as well but not as good as 2017 so i don't know if they can hold on to the spot. Aquaman,Ocean's 8 and,Tomb Raider,The Nun and Ready Player One should be good.Buuuut 2019 again seems like a biggie for them with the return of the queen,Shazam! (which could be really huge if they find the perfect tone) ,another DCEU film (which HOLLY HELL could be Reeve's The Batman),Godzilla 2 and to WB Event films that i have no idea what they are.

The DCEU alone could bring as much as 1B Domestically.

Not to mention, The Lego Movie 2, Minecraft, and potentially Bond and Margie Claud can be solid hits for WB in 2019.

• Like 2