That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Like we live in a world where Damien Chazelle has a best director win but Christopher fucking Nolan has yet to win or even be nominated for one.  

You can't take Oscars too seriously. We live in a world where Jennifer Lawrence and Gwyneth Paltrow are Oscar winners and Glenn Close isn't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Like we live in a world where Damien Chazelle has a best director win but Christopher fucking Nolan has yet to win or even be nominated for one.  

Chazelle earned the hell out of his BD award thank you very much

• Like 5

So Wonder Woman will pass Spider-Man this weekend for sure. Tele's club is a winner. It should hit 800mil as well and all before Japan on the 25th. Hopefully it does like 20mil in Japan.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

31 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The floor for this is Arthur Christmas numbers ($50M).

The Star has much more competition for screens compared to The Emoji Movie especially with Daddy's Home 2 and Coco. I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to crack the top 5 on its OW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I almost screamed when I saw that increase. So happy about it.

lol I too almost screamed! I'm sure once the actuals come out, the increase may be between 115% to 120%. That said, still amazing! :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Star has much more competition for screens compared to The Emoji Movie especially with Daddy's Home 2 and Coco. I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to crack the top 5 on its OW

Still the faith based audience will help this tremendously, it'll have an OW around $13M-$15M imo, and then gain solid legs like most faith based films do.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

It won't miss. It won't win anything but technical awards because I read it isn't overly emotional but it will get those nominations.

Right now these are the nominations I think Dunkirk will get:

Picture

Director

Cinematography

Editing

Score

Sound Editing

Sound Mixing

Best case scenario is 11 nominations with Supporting Actor for Mark Rylance, Production Design, Costume Design, and VFX.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LastSon said:

lol I too almost screamed! I'm sure once the actuals come out, the increase may be between 115% to 120%. That said, still amazing! :) 

Oh sure, lately they always seem to overestimate it a tad.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Speaking of which, Mark Rylance would be the fucking laziest coattail nomination since Alan Arkin back in 2012. This year's Supporting Actor field is highly competitive, so it's not like he'd get in because of weak competition.