That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Speaking of which, Mark Rylance would be the fucking laziest coattail nomination since Alan Arkin back in 2012. This year's Supporting Actor field is highly competitive, so it's not like he'd get in because of weak competition.

Dont think he'll get in anyway.

Smiling extra has the edge over him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Oh sure they always seem to overestimate it a tad.

They certainly have been overestimating as of late haha. I'm curious to see other films Friday increases. I could calculate them myself, however, I'd rather have TheNumbers.com and BoxOfficeMojo do that for me lol. 

Edit: just saw on Box Office Mojo, Wonder Woman and The Big Sick concurred Friday. Especially, The Big Sick with a 279% increase--good for it!!

Edited by LastSon
Needed to add more info
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

La La Land doesn't hold a candle to anything that Nolan has ever directed, thank you very much. 

this is because nolan firm are largely aim for fan-boys community, his film are clever and cool-looking which fan boys most admire....

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

this is because nolan firm are largely aim for fan-boys community, his film are clever and cool-looking which fan boys most admire....

The box office and their runs for Nolan's films say otherwise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

What the hell is with The Big Sick being up 35% from last Friday? Did Lionsgate just give it a ton of double features with Hitman's Bodyguard or something?

Must have haha. Either way, that's pretty damn impressive. 

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

What the hell is with The Big Sick being up 35% from last Friday? Did Lionsgate just give it a ton of double features with Hitman's Bodyguard or something?

Yeah, that's strange. I'd say it opened in areas that it hadn't opened in before it already has been in over 2,500 theaters so I don't where it could've expanded too. Perhaps people really want to see good movies at this dead time of year.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, that's strange. I'd say it opened in areas that it hadn't opened in before it already has been in over 2,500 theaters so I don't where it could've expanded too. Perhaps people really want to see good movies at this dead time of year.

They should just expand it back to 1500 theaters or thereabouts. Its PTA holds have been monstrous for the past month. 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

They should just expand it back to 1500 theaters or thereabouts. Its PTA holds have been monstrous for the past month. 

Kinda reinforces the notion they expanded too wide, too fast. It's been doing great ever since it lost those locations it was never gonna make anything at to begin with.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/08/channing-tatum-ryan-reynolds-weekend-box-office-hitmans-bodyguard-logan-lucky-annabelle-creation-1202151679/

1.). Hitman’s Bodyguard (LG), 3,377 theaters / $8M Fri. (includes $1.65M  previews) / 3-day cume: $21M/Wk 1

2.). Annabelle: Creation (NL/WB), 3,542 theaters (+40) / $5M Fri. (-67%) / 3-day cume: $15.3M (-56%)/Total: $63.9M/Wk 2

3.). Logan Lucky (BST), 3,031 theaters / $2.8M Fri. (includes $525k previews) / 3-day cume: $7.7M/Wk 1

4.) Dunkirk (WB), 3,271 theaters (-491)/ $2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $7.1M (-35%)/Total: $165.9M/Wk 5

5.). The Nut Job 2 (OR), 4,003 theaters (0)/ $1.65M Fri. (-45%) / 3-day cume: $5.9M (-29%)/Total:$18.4M/Wk 2

6.). The Emoji Movie (SONY), 2,791 theaters (-428) / $1.4M Fri./ 3-day cume: $4.7M (-27%) /Total: $72.1M/Wk 4

7). Spider-Man: Homecoming (SONY/MARVEL), 2,341 theaters (-266)/ $1.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.5M (-26%)/Total: $314.3M/Wk 7

8). Girls Trip (UNI), 2,010 theaters (-293) / $1.2M Fri.  / 3-day cume: $3.8M (-41%)/Total: $103.9M/Wk 5

9.). The Dark Tower (SONY/MRC), 3,143 theaters (-308)/ $1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.6M (-54%)/Total: $41.5M/Wk 3

10.) Wind River (TWC), 694 theaters (+649) / $995k Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.2M (+414%)/Total: $4.3M/Wk 3

11.) Kidnap (AVR), 2,435 theaters (-73)/ $823k Fri.  / 3-day cume: $2.8M (-44%)/Total:$24.4M/Wk 3

12.) The Glass Castle (LG), 1,461 theaters (0)/ $835k Fri. (-50%) / 3-day cume: $2.7M (-42%)/Total:$9.8M/Wk 2

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

the early nolan's film says otherwise

Yes because he didn't have a fanbase then? He established one by putting out good film after good film after good film. 

And no his fanbase isn't a bunch of "fanboys." He targets the older demo a lot which also helps explains why his films have leggy runs. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2