baumer

Monday #s

20 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

The way the box office is going, WW MAY end up

back in the top five if there's a LD expansion during these next two weeks. 

WW, BD, and DM3 are all getting reexpansions this weekend; all 3 are returning to my theater.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

The way the box office is going, WW MAY end up

back in the top five if there's a LD expansion during these next two weeks. 

Lets not get carried away. Everyone who wants to see it has.....it was #15 last weekend. Days if top 5 are over.

• Haha 3

Gotta echo the sentiment for Wind River. Best film this year, no question. Go in as cold (no pun intended) as possible. Never saw the trailer and didn't even know the general plot synopsis. It was like reading a good book. 

Logan Lucky was goofy, certainly enjoyable and a totally game cast led by an engaging performance from Tatum. Soderbergh clearly has an undying love for the heist genre and should just do one every decade. If you missed it in theaters, it's fine. I totally get why this tanked. But it also committed the sin of tacking on an additional 15-20 minutes after the key action and included a shockingly bad performance from an Oscar winner who comes into the narrative way, way too late when shit needs to be wrapping up (No idea if this person is in the trailers or not). Career-worst level.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, the beast said:

How Much Could Wonder Woman Increase by?

That is an excellent question! The answer would have to be a resounding I don't know lol. Many box office enthusiasts/experts have had to move the goal post every week because of her surprising success. If I were to guess, I would say somewhere around $3M more, making her total cume to $407M. Then again, I could be off with my prediction. 

Edited by LastSon

8 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Gotta echo the sentiment for Wind River. Best film this year, no question. Go in as cold (no pun intended) as possible. Never saw the trailer and didn't even know the general plot synopsis. It was like reading a good book. 

Logan Lucky was goofy, certainly enjoyable and a totally game cast led by an engaging performance from Tatum. Soderbergh clearly has an undying love for the heist genre and should just do one every decade. If you missed it in theaters, it's fine. I totally get why this tanked. But it also committed the sin of tacking on an additional 15-20 minutes after the key action and included a shockingly bad performance from an Oscar winner who comes into the narrative way, way too late when shit needs to be wrapping up (No idea if this person is in the trailers or not). Career-worst level.

Said person is in the trailers, and I agree with you (not on the performance; that was fine I guess lol)

• Like 1

Steep but expected drop for Spider-Man: Homecoming. It's going to be all about the jumps now. I still think a mini expansion for the film is possible and would make for a better final result. I mean, it's not like Emoji and Dark Tower aren't crumbling and just wasting movie screens. They were out way after Homecoming and are already legging behind on dailies. 

I wouldn't expect much of an increase for WW this weekend, perhaps 25% with a slim chance at around 50%, which happens when films move into second-run or cheap theaters. Anything above $1.5M this weekend would be quite shocking.

Projection For Hitman's Bodyguard:

1.95M

2.34M (+20%)

1.61M (-31%)

1.54M (-4.5%)

3.85M (+150%)

6.16M (+60%)

3.70M (-40%) / 13.71M Weekend (-35.9%)

Projections For Annabelle: 

1.63M

1.99M (+22%)

1.31M (-34%)