WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

I'm loving that 19.2mil number. Hoping the film hits 65+mil. I would love to see an under 50% drop. WB would have the only under 50% drops for 100mil opens this year.

Really hypocritical how people endlessly complain about (read lie) about no original movies being made then celebrate the failure of one. That's why I don't take those complaints seriously. 

Also American Assassin's number is okay. I think Kingsman will kill it next weekend though.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

What an absolutely incredible number for it. I seriously cannot believe the movie is doing this well.

Yeah IT is it for Horror (lol) -- but yes same here I was one of the one that didn't even think it could even pull of $150M let alone $300m+... Dang IT.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Kevin would shit himself if this and WW did $400M+ each.

Imagine what would happen if Blade Runner 2049 is a Gravity/The Martian-size hit. He would probably be found wandering the streets naked muttering about the end of the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, filmlover said:

Imagine what would happen if Blade Runner 2049 is a Gravity/The Martian-size hit. He would probably be found wandering the streets naked muttering about the end of the world.

And if Ninjago goes nuts and tops HT2 and does something unprecedented like $200M, Kevin would snap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can we all talk about the fact that Annabelle Creation has low key been killing it and will have around a 2.9-3.0 multiplier and make over 100mil?

Who would have thought the Shazam director would be coming off of a more solid hit than the Batman director? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Kevin would shit himself if this and WW did $400M+ each.

I hope most people realize Kevin is probably a WB fan, and a DCEU fan in particular. He's a parody of a comic-book-movie hatemonger. He knows way too much about every WB movie, and in particular the DCEU ones. His username even references the CEO that presented the initial DCEU slate in 2014 and a movie Ezra Miller is the star in... I feel as if this forum's reaction to him is just playing along with his satire.

• Like 5

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

I hope most people realize Kevin is probably a WB fan, and a DCEU fan in particular. He's a parody of a comic-book-movie hatemonger. He knows way too much about every WB movie, and in particular the DCEU ones. His username even references the CEO that presented the initial DCEU slate in 2014 and a movie Ezra Miller is the star in... I feel as if this forum's reaction to him is just playing along with his satire.

Thank you. Kevin is hilarious :lol: 

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

b0ef3a62b3e064d1555d9d49d2c4ff609a12d84c

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm loving that 19.2mil number. Hoping the film hits 65+mil. I would love to see an under 50% drop. WB would have the only under 50% drops for 100mil opens this year.

Really hypocritical how people endlessly complain about (read lie) about no original movies being made then celebrate the failure of one. That's why I don't take those complaints seriously. 

Also American Assassin's number is okay. I think Kingsman will kill it next weekend though.

To play Devil's advocate, it does seem like the people celebrating mother!'s bad performance are those who really didn't like it. For the most part, at least. So you kinda have to understand why, deep down, they wouldn't want it to be successful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

And if Ninjago goes nuts and tops HT2 and does something unprecedented like $200M, Kevin would snap.

I think low 100m or below 100m for Ninjago is more likely to happen. I can't see Ninago crossing beating Lego Batman.

Great Number for It!

• Like 1

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I think low 100m or below 100m for Ninjago is more likely to happen. I can't see Ninago crossing beating Lego Batman.

Great Number for It!

I know, it's a hopeful dream and a wacky what if scenario. I'm thinking a $35M/$115M run seems right.

• Like 1