aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

but this is the first time that I'm feeling the disconnect being so evident

I think that was Jurassic World opening higher than Ultron for me, the over the sea/visible part of the movie interest Iceberg is probably a rather small one ( I imagine the vast majority of people don't advertise what they want to see), correlated with reality but still a small percentage, specially outside the more popular film internet genre.

I think one other aspect concerning BR, is how fast word of mouth can be now, outside the Thursday night preview, all that follow look like it can be influenced by the movie reception, it started by sunday, then saturday, now even the friday.

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

So I haven't been following this thread closely and for some reason I thought the 12.7m number people were texting me was the true Friday. 

Oh man. 

:ohmygod: 

i see the movie industry is sill shit........... Disney should just kill the industry and release everything on itunes

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Only people stanning for The Star are @TwoMisfits and @slambros

I want meltdowns! Damn it, meltdowns! 

It's not so much stanning for The Star (now that I've also seen previews and they moved to JL's date, which is a killer), but having REALLY low expectations for Coco:)...which is probably my bitterness at Disney holding to the ridiculous Thanksgiving date for an obvious October movie...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

It's not so much stanning for The Star (now that I've also seen previews and they moved to JL's date, which is a killer), but having REALLY low expectations for Coco:)...which is probably my bitterness at Disney holding to the ridiculous Thanksgiving date for an obvious October movie...

But Day of the Dead is in November. :ph34r: 

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Funny how fall seemed like it was gonna make up for August being so weak with IT being so massive and now Kingsman, Ninjago, and Blade Runner have all disappointed. Kinda reinforces the notion that when people aren't interested in the movies, they just won't go.

It - premier movie...

Kingsman, Ninjago, BR - direct sequel, spinoff, direct sequel...

It's like we forgot what happened this summer to all non-premier movies that weren't supers...

36 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't know why but I'm not excited for Thor and JL, which is weird because I'm a huge CBM fan.

Two more comic book movies that are going to do well regardless of reviews. Like, I’ve been in heaven with all of the quality CBM movies we have gotten going back to the start of the Nolan Batman trilogy all the way through now, but yeah, it’s hard to get EXCITED about them anymore. Go see it, have a good time and that’s that. They never really stick with me afterwards anymore, certainly not the way I’m still thinking about BR 2049. Then you see these numbers for 2049 and it’s just disheartening. Thought provoking big budget movies are indeed a dying breed. Not even trying to go in on people who didn’t like 2049 or have no interest in seeing it. Just thoroughly disappointed that like Apes a few months ago, a movie is deemed “bleak and depressing” and it goes by the wayside and flops/disappoints at the box office. Can’t help but wonder if some of the blockbusters of the 70s through the early 90s ever even get made in this day and age. Probably not.

36 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Portugal took all our gold yet it's still a poor country, I don't think we're the ones who should be worried about our image in the world.

....wait, you are using something that happened CENTURIES ago as a proof of why Portugal sucks? Being poor now - and that's not even the case anymore, in case you're aware our economy has been on the fast rise in the last few years - has zero to do with the bad decision making from a monarchy that happened in, what, the 1500s?:hahaha:

Also, about our image in the world...... we won the European Championship, we won the Eurovision, we have hot waves of tourism every year, we're one of the very few European countries not ridden with extreme right wing and/or terrorism related controversies, we were just taken out of Moody's trash rating...... our image is actually doing better now than in years.

We're not the ones who are in the brink of political and financial collapse and ridden with drug overlords, after all, are we? Our biggest problems - corruption and low classes still economically unbalanced - are not even at the top of your country's list :ph34r:

Spoiler

.................no offense mate, don't take it personally :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I don't think the release date is a primary reason for COCO looking like an under-performer. 

Oh, I agree...but it's like one more nail in the coffin:)...(and the date is a double whammy - being non-seasonal and getting caught in the likely JL wave:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I don't think the release date is a primary reason for COCO looking like an under-performer. 

It has shit marketing so far and will likely be overshadowed by JL and Jedi.