Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I suppose for me there are levels to it. Like i can't really watch manhattan again because the teen stuff is pretty creepy to me but purple rose of Cairo is still one of my favourite movies. I don't really judge wherever people land on the art/artist debate doesnt matter to me if you're saying "I can NEVER watch baby driver again" or "American Beauty is my favourite movie!" just watch whatever you like.

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So my public speaking teacher assigned us to meet with a classmate today to practice our first speech for next week, and the guy I was supposed to do it with bailed on me :winomg: Thank god it isn't graded.

My group of 5 in a class is already imploding 2 weeks in because of bickering and alpha dog assertiveness

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eek. How much is the project worth? Is it a capstone that accounts for most of the grade?

It's not just projects. Case studies too. It represents pretty much 80% of the grade.

I also work with some of these people for an actual capstone project (but I think we're cool there).

• Astonished 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I know, it's such a great movie!

I feel like I watched an entirely different movie than everybody else. I honestly don't know how so many good people are swallowing all that cheese and shoddy artificiality Spielberg is shoving down your throat. It's good actors in funny wigs struggling with some of the most heavy-handed dialogue you'll ever hear. Not to mention a narrative structure that continually stalls any momentum.

Needed wall-to-wall Odenkirk doing his job, not another staid scene about stock prices. WHOOOO CARES? 

• ...wtf 1

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annie Hall and Blue Jasmine are the only two Allen films I've seen, and both are around an 8/10. Never really had much motivation to dig through his filmography.

Hannah & Her Sisters and Crimes & Misdemeanors are very much worth seeking out! Everyone Says I Love You is really underappreciated. It's the last 20 years of his filmography that have been the pits for the most part except for like 4-5 movies (that early 2000s trifecta of The Curse of the Jade Scorpion/Hollywood Ending/Anything Else has to be one of the most painful runs for any filmmaker, although at least Jade Scorpion has a deliciously campy Charlize performance in it).

• Like 1

Wish Spielberg would just get back to making action movies and exploitation movies, he's so much better at that stuff.

I thought I was just being biased because I love Bob Odenkirk, but yeah he's the best thing about it because he's the only main character not tied up by the shoddy hammy stuff.

Edited by Tree Billboards

17 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Spielberg's never made an exploitation movie, tho. 

I thought exploitation meant a cheap genre movie.? i was referring to Duel and Jaws. Which along with Raiders are his best films.

Edited by Tree Billboards