Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

Especially Chick Fil A sandwiches. 

I just had a breakfast sandwich from there this morning since I was near one after getting my hair cut.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn't he still attached to that World War Z sequel that's gonna arrive past the point that anyone will care (if that time hasn't already passed)?

He was at the time of Mindhunter's release. And, well, his attachment is the only reason to care, especially if Paramount doesn't interfere. I'd be the first in line for an R-rated David Fincher zombie movie with a nine-figure budget if this is what the sequel was. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't need david fincher tweets but another movie would be nice 4 years since the last one

Well, you got 4 episodes of Mindhunter directed by him.

Getting a littlee tired of the appropriation debates. Bruno Mars is trending and I'm like "who did he touch", turns out people are accusing him of appropriating black culture. Like seriously? Tf? Because he's the current king of R&B?

Bruno is one of the top artists out right now, if not the top. I would pay to see him in concert. And he's well, a person of color. Even if Bruno wanted to get cornrows, I don't see the problem. Like this shit actually makes me mad, I'm tired of the whining. That's all we do, whine whine whine. Dave Chappelle tells a joke, gotta get him off Netflix. Jenner gives a cop a Pepsi, gotta end the whole company. 

Bruno Mars is the Tom Hanks of music, you're afraid he'll do something wrong, but know good and well he never actually will. He is not an appropriator. Iggy Azalea? Ehh yeah I guess. Bruno? Get tf off your high horse. I'm black and I'm giving Bruno an honorary black card. Tired of the bitching.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Getting a littlee tired of the appropriation debates. Bruno Mars is trending and I'm like "who did he touch", turns out people are accusing him of appropriating black culture. Like seriously? Tf? Because he's the current king of R&B?

Bruno is one of the top artists out right now, if not the top. I would pay to see him in concert. And he's well, a person of color. Even if Bruno wanted to get cornrows, I don't see the problem. Like this shit actually makes me mad, I'm tired of the whining. That's all we do, whine whine whine. Dave Chappelle tells a joke, gotta get him off Netflix. Jenner gives a cop a Pepsi, gotta end the whole company. 

Bruno Mars is the Tom Hanks of music, you're afraid he'll do something wrong, but know good and well he never actually will. He is not an appropriator. Iggy Azalea? Ehh yeah I guess. Bruno? Get tf off your high horse. I'm black and I'm giving Bruno an honorary black card. Tired of the bitching.

As an outside observer this feels like the biggest problem of the Western or at least American left right now. The constant need to Call Things Out rather than channel all that energy into uniting behind some fundamental causes.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

As an outside observant this feels like the biggest problem of the Western or at least American left right now. The constant need to Call Things Out rather than channel all that energy into uniting behind some fundamental causes.

YES. Bad as Trump has been, the most lamentable thing he's done is made me hate the left as well.

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

As an outside observant this feels like the biggest problem of the Western or at least American left right now. The constant need to Call Things Out rather than channel all that energy into uniting behind some fundamental causes.

Yep. That's how democrats lost to Trump. Everybody was so focused on identity and Trump "being mean", while Trump was like "hey, jobs, jobs, jobs." Considering you need a job to pretty much function, Americans ate it up. 

Someone on Twitter said it best: if you have beef with Bruno and think he's "stealing" from other artists, why dont YOU go support those artists by streaming and buying their music, rather than tearing Bruno down? (Who hasn't done anything wrong).

It's such a headache. So tired of all the whining and safe spacing, and from people my age. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don’t think he’d be trending if Kendrick Lamar won the Grammy.

1 minute ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I don’t think he’d be trending if Kendrick Lamar won the Grammy.

Pretty much. That girl that's whining in the video said "Prince never won album of the year! Yet look at Bruno! Bruno stole from him and won! Because white people love Bruno!" So, I assume white people didnt like Prince? Well that's news.

Seriously, who cares? Kendrick is still a goat, Grammy or not, and we know that. I don't think Beyonce has won it either, but we all still acknowledge how good Lemonade was anyway, and how good she is in general. People call her Queen Bey for a reason.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Apparently Tiffany Haddish is a problem too?? Why?? Yet Cardi is completely fine. I'm done interneting for today.

Hey I peeked into twitter to see if I wanted to look at it again.  And there were arguments why the new Grinch film was crapping on Jim Carrey.   And arguments that either Star Wars is too diverse or not diverse enough, I can't remember

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

Honestly until about a month ago I had no idea he wasn't black? I thought he was black and Filipino...He's not popping on a blaccent or w/e so I'm fine with him.

That Jenner Pepsi shit was hilariously tone deaf though.