Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Now who will Middle America champion now that this is off the air? Bad enough that everybody else in the entertainment industry already pisses them off and never makes stuff "for them" (even though when they do, like The 15:17 to Paris, they don't bother to show up).

Tim Allen's taking his rightful place back next fall.

"Roseanne, you can become part of the public consciousness again and make that crazy network sitcom $$$. just do one little thing for me and don't go on any crazy racist twitter rants. please. that's the only thing i'm telling you NOT to do"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Now who will Middle America champion now that this is off the air? Bad enough that everybody else in the entertainment industry already pisses them off and never makes stuff "for them" (even though when they do, like The 15:17 to Paris, they don't bother to show up).

Thing about Middle America is we're not quite the rubes we're made out to be.   I think the phrase should be Rural America.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I actually didn’t like Season 3 that much. I love shipping but if you’re going to ship like damn every other episode and forget about plot, that’s is when I’ve had it. Still a good show.

Honestly, I think latter half of season 2 had that problem more. My issue with Season 3 was more the removal of Toffee rather early into the plot. I was surprised

there was no reveal in the finale that he was still around because although I'm interested in what's going on, I was still expecting him to be the Big Bad

8 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

We got something in common. Mine has Michelle Pfeiffer, The Rock and Jake T. Austin.

Reveal hidden contents

Meh. The whole joke of mine was that Maleficent made the title character a lot more sympathetic whereas my film was an origin story for Yzma that made her a whole lot more cutthroat and evil. While still being a wacky comedy

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Honestly, I think latter half of season 2 had that problem more. My issue with Season 3 was more the removal of Toffee rather early into the plot. I was surprised

Hide contents

there was no reveal in the finale that he was still around because although I'm interested in what's going on, I was still expecting him to be the Big Bad

True. The last half of season 2 did have the problem. Still a good show.

Spoiler

I agree with the Toffee bit, however I felt slightly underwhelmed with Meteora.

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Meh. The whole joke of mine was that Maleficent made the title character a lot more sympathetic whereas my film was an origin story for Yzma that made her a whole lot more cutthroat and evil. While still being a wacky comedy

For me, I’ve done some remakes in CAYOM for the past few years, this year I’m working on a sequel to my Treasure Planet along wirh Brother Bear. I had the idea for mine after figuring out about Kingdom of The Sun. Mine has bits of comedy but it’s more in the vain of Musical. I’ve heard great things about Yzma though.

If Roseanne was truly living the life she lived on Twitter then she never would’ve apologised let alone apologise as quick as she did. She’s a clown chasing controversy and the shit backfired.

Edit: the granddaughter on the show was about to “quit” just as the show was cancelled. I don’t believe her in the slightest but it is what it is

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Even when they are great like the Mark Wahlberg and Peter Berg duo output....

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lone Survivor was a big hit but yeah, Deepwater Horizon was a dud because of the budget and nobody saw Patriots Day.

Its very odd how some of those films do really well and others do not.

American Sniper broke out massively even among my liberal friends.