Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Honestly I gave up hope after the game 1 choke job.

I wish I could say I did but I'm a damn fool and I'll keep falling it for it to make the pain twice as strong. You would think tonight will be the final straw for me. Nope. If Astros win Game 4, I'll probably fall for it all over again like a dumbass.

41 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I wish I could say I did but I'm a damn fool and I'll keep falling it for it to make the pain twice as strong. You would think tonight will be the final straw for me. Nope. If Astros win Game 4, I'll probably fall for it all over again like a dumbass.

If there's any game in Philly the Astros can now win, it will be game 4 with the "lesser" Phils starting pitcher...if they don't win that game, stick a fork in the series - Phils win in 5 on Thursday b/c it will be insanity in that park for game 5...and the confidence they'll have still having not lost at home...

So, Astros need to sell out to win game 4 any way possible...

EDIT: Oh, it's Nola tomorrow - okay - good luck, Houston!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

@Porthos help me :sadfleck:

SImple.  The Astros need to win 3 games in the next 4.  They can easily do that, and have done it numerous times all year.  And all of the back slapping and cheering and cries of invincibility doesn't change that simple fact.  Nor does defeatism on the part of some around here. ;)

To put it another way:  Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.

'stros win tomorrow and they've wrestled back home field.  Honestly, not gonna worry unless and until they're down in Game 5.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

SImple.  The Astros need to win 3 games in the next 4.  They can easily do that, and have done it numerous times all year.  And all of the back slapping and cheering and cries of invincibility doesn't change that simple fact.  Nor does defeatism on the part of some around here. ;)

'stros win tomorrow and they've wrestled back home field.  Honestly, not gonna worry unless and until they're down in Game 5.

Fine.  If that doesn't do it for you, @MrPink and @Menor Reborn

OVER.  DID YOU SAY "OVER"???  NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL WE SAY IT IS!

WAS IT "OVER" WHEN THE YANKS WENT UP ON THE CUBS 3-0?!!?!?  HELL NO!!!!

("Cubs"?)

("Forget it, he's rolling")

AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW!!!!

ect...

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/11/02/nick-castellanos-defense-world-series

This story amuses me - to have a player admit he doesn't really care and pay attention til the postseason might explain why the Phils defense and entire team is looking spectacular after a regular season when they looked like also-rans.

I mean, Nick has gone from the 2nd worst defender at his position this year to the best and most clutch I've seen in the playoffs...

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

Apparently the economy has always crashed when the Phillies won in the past. So invest in gold if they are down in Game 5

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

I admire your positivity but i'm down bad

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Ahhh, Alvarado finally just doesn't have it...sigh...

Well, eventually, the Phils will get to hit off a relief pitcher, too...

I mean, does it really surprise you that this is turning into a heavyweight slugfest?  I mean, when you take your fan partisan hat off, that is. ;)

Astros are a damn good team.  Phillies have thunder up and down the lineup.  Two homer happy parks and with those offenses, it really shouldn't be a surprise that this is a fight to the (metaphorical) death.

Phillies can easily still win this game. But the Astros are a 100+ win team for a reason.

This is likely going seven.  Might as well just make peace with it now. 

(and, like, with the Ghosts of the 1980 NLCS could it do anything but go seven?)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, does it really surprise you that this is turning into a heavyweight slugfest?  I mean, when you take your fan partisan hat off, that is. ;)

Astros are a damn good team.  Phillies have thunder up and down the lineup.  Two homer happy parks and with those offenses, it really shouldn't be a surprise that this is a fight to the (metaphorical) death.

Phillies can easily still win this game. But the Astros are a 100+ win team for a reason.

This is likely going seven.  Might as well just make peace with it now. 

(and, like, with the Ghosts of the 1980 NLCS could it do anything but go seven?)

Well, I did say the Astros had to win tonight if they wanted it to go past 5...their starting pitcher seems to be taking that to heart!

PS - Phils are gonna thank Dusty Baker after this game that this is the only time they are gonna face Javier in the series...somehow, it amazes me they gave Verlander, and not this guy, the ball in game 1, especially with Verlander's known world series struggles...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Let the record show that I like announcers referencing a no-hitter in progress.

I for one have never bought into the idea that announcers can't/shouldn't mention no-hitters as they happen.  A job of an announcer is to inform viewers what is going on, and a no-hitter is absolutely worthy of comment.

(That Christian Javier has next to zero chance at finishing this game thanks to the pitch count is neither here nor there)

To put it another way, I say phooey on all this talk about no-hitters and jinxes.

Edited by Porthos