Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 10/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, Claire of Themyscira said:

The silence...

Oh, y'all can't TAKE me.

to be fair, I was in a national park, with this cuties, with no cell phone service during that post. 

IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3643.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Heart 6

Pete Docter said this:

“I always felt that ‘Elemental’ would speak to a lot of people, and I’m so happy it has. But we have also taken another look at the projects we’re working on now. What are the kinds of films we want to be making? I really think I want to double down on what allowed us to speak to audiences to begin with.”

Does that mean anything or is it just speak for "We want to make extra sure the movies are good"

I do appreciate that they want to double down though

Disney has finally announced this year's Candlelight narrators and I'm losing my goddamn mind at how many notable people they actually got this year holy shit (thanks strike for giving everyone time off lmfao? It's highly unlikely this falls under SAG-AFTRA rules). Off to book a family vacation that week to see Brendan in person bye. Also @Cap they got Queen Audra to make her first appearance! 

Chrissy Metz: Nov. 24-25 (NEW)

Luis Fonsi: Nov. 26-27 (NEW)

Ann-Margret: Nov. 28-29 (NEW)

Simu Liu: Nov. 30-Dec. 2

John Stamos: Dec. 3-5

Neil Patrick Harris: Dec. 6-8

Marlee Matlin: Dec. 9-11

Brendan Fraser: Dec. 12-14 (NEW)

Eva Longoria: Dec. 15-16 (NEW)

Joey McIntyre: Dec. 17-18 (NEW)

Sterling K. Brown: Dec. 19-20 (NEW)

Jordan Fisher: Dec. 21-23 (NEW)

Steven Curtis Chapman: Dec. 24-26

Audra McDonald: Dec. 27-28 (NEW)

Lisa Ling: Dec. 29-30

Holiday Entertainment at EPCOT | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Cap said:

@filmlover

i am seeing her live in two weeks; and I am radiating with excitement 

Just watch: next year they're gonna get Patti to participate (she's in the Agatha Harkness show so already part of the Mickey family). Unless they're concerned she'll go full Broadway diva on some poor audience member :lol:.

• Haha 1

I mean, I guess this makes slightly more sense than her and Leo? They both have young children so the Age Gap Police can't pull their usual "Different stages of life, they can't possibly have anything in common!" card...

All will be well until the world's coziest coparents have another jaunt, a "source" will insist that [Insert Latest Love Interest] is totally cool and unbothered, because exes hanging all over each other is so evolved! Then a few weeks after that, another source will indicate the "hot new romance" was never that serious anyway...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I mean, I guess this makes slightly more sense than her and Leo? They both have young children so the Age Gap Police can't pull their usual "Different stages of life, they can't possibly have anything in common!" card...

All will be well until the world's coziest coparents have another jaunt, a "source" will insist that [Insert Latest Love Interest] is totally cool and unbothered, because exes hanging all over each other is so evolved! Then a few weeks after that, another source will indicate the "hot new romance" was never that serious anyway...

BCoop being unable to promote his new Oscar vehicle and giving us the "Leonard Bernstein's ghost came to me in a dream" headlines we all wanted out of it means this is the only way he can stay in the news with the media linking the romance with the release of the movie, no scab label to be found.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

BCoop being unable to promote his new Oscar vehicle and giving us the "Leonard Bernstein's ghost came to me in a dream" headlines we all wanted out of it means this is the only way he can stay in the news with the media linking the romance with the release of the movie, no scab label to be found.

IDK I kind of felt this way 5 years ago, too, but if Cooper is so eager to be taken seriously as a director and not just be seen as a pretty boy movie star, showmancing it up with A-list famous women really isn't going to help.

Especially now at 48 in 2023...to hype your upcoming Oscar grab and smooth over how it was just embroiled in antisemitism controversies, maybe you'd very publicly "date" someone for clout, but maybe not the 20 years younger model known for being outspoken about her heritage and Palestine (granted, this coupling seemed to be in the works before the weekend).

Nothing against her, but other options at this juncture might be a bit less fraught for him, on the age front if nothing else. Gigi's team is probably so relieved they're getting asked about literally anything else right now.

I actually wonder if this move is about Irina, who less than a month ago was leaking stories like this:

A source tells us that when it comes to Cooper versus Brady, Shayk is still hoping to tie the knot and settle down with the “The Hangover” star, with whom she shares 6-year-old daughter Lea de Seine.

"Years have been put into the relationship,” says a source.

We hear that Shayk, 37, plans to keep spending time with Brady if Cooper isn’t going to “lock things down” with her.

The last time a guy very openly dated Gigi Hadid to get his ex to move on from him, it lasted two months, whereby she promptly reunited with Zayn Mailk and got pregnant. Stay tuned...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Moderation:

Hello. Please move the discussion of Israel and Hamas to the Middle East Israel Palestine Thread  in the Politics Thread. The past two pages will be moved there once I get off mobile!

I would also note, that this is an incredibly complicated and delicate subject, that people have been fighting over for literally 300 years. And regardless of who you think is the aggressor in this situation, we can all, hopefully, agree that we want to see the latest aggression resolved as quickly as possible, and with the less amount of civilian lives lost. 

• Like 5

Yeah I'm gonna take a break from posting. The exponential negativity that is currently on this site is starting to take any fun or happiness I had from following box office. The amount of pure fucking excitement some (a lot) of people on this site have for movies failing at the box office is fucking wild. You can find me in the Derby subforum updating results and that'll be about it through the end of the year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Moderation:

Hello. Please move the discussion of Israel and Hamas to the Middle East Israel Palestine Thread  in the Politics Thread. The past two pages will be moved there once I get off mobile!

I would also note, that this is an incredibly complicated and delicate subject, that people have been fighting over for literally 300 years. And regardless of who you think is the aggressor in this situation, we can all, hopefully, agree that we want to see the latest aggression resolved as quickly as possible, and with the less another of civilian lives lost. 

I didn't see this before. sorry. did yall move posts? i just found myself in a different thread and wasn't sure how I got there lol. I'm not sure how to move that post or quote chipderby but moving it there?

18 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

whats with so many zoomers gatekeeping and policing other people relationship so much when they are so useless in making friends and finding good relationships themselves.

My wife is 6 years younger then me and she like 25 ish and i am 30 and some zoomers online said i was a creep for doing that .

based on stats they are the most lonliest generation ever. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

whats with so many zoomers gatekeeping and policing other people relationship so much when they are so useless in making friends and finding good relationships themselves.

My wife is 6 years younger then me and she like 25 ish and i am 30 and some zoomers online said i was a creep for doing that .

based on stats they are the most lonliest generation ever. 

All of the answers and none of the life experience... I think a lot of it is down to being very young and thinking of life as a perpetual adolescence, where a few years actually does make a massive difference in maturity. And if much of your identity is wrapped up in what generation you belong to and you make childhood nostalgia your personality, then it's impossible to imagine that there are other ways to relate to someone.

#MeToo happened and many cases were younger women exploited by older men, so the youth coming up 5-6 years ago went on to judge all age difference situations as equally bad.

People of all ages have latched onto the "frontal lobe fully forms at 25" idea which is a myth. But the concept has helped push back the timeline of adulthood among the terminally online.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

All of the answers and none of the life experience... I think a lot of it is down to being very young and thinking of life as a perpetual adolescence, where a few years actually does make a massive difference in maturity. And if much of your identity is wrapped up in what generation you belong to and you make childhood nostalgia your personality, then it's impossible to imagine that there are other ways to relate to someone.

#MeToo happened and many cases were younger women exploited by older men, so the youth coming up 5-6 years ago went on to judge all age difference situations as equally bad.

People of all ages have latched onto the "frontal lobe fully forms at 25" idea which is a myth. But the concept has helped push back the timeline of adulthood among the terminally online.

I just find it hilarious as this generation is struggling to even get laid vs other generations at that time forget about even finding true love or a good relationship.

Yet seems to want to judge every one else relationship and find any minor flaw and be like "they should quit or divorce right away!" 

It so wierd, like when i was in my late teens and early 20 everyone had relationships and bfs and gfs...Now a lot of younger people mostly guys i noticed are not having any relationships or meaingfull friendships. 

0*8tu71UMzvg-OHmpE

Edited by Torontofan
  • Astonished 1