Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just realized Marion Cotillard hasn't had an on-screen appearance in a Hollywood film for 8 years now (only a voice role in Dolittle since). I really thought she was in more recent Hollywood stuff but I guess it's just because I saw her in Annette a few years back (which is is entirely in English but is a French production)

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just realized Marion Cotillard hasn't had an on-screen appearance in a Hollywood film for 8 years now (only a voice role in Dolittle since). I really thought she was in more recent Hollywood stuff but I guess it's just because I saw her in Annette a few years back (which is is entirely in English but is a French production)

There was nowhere to go after this @MrPink

sSLsAEQ.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Maybe Assassin's Creed was the breaking point lol.

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

And she regrets nothing...........( Bonuys points if you get that joke).

So nobody likes Kate Winslet's new HBO show, huh? On one hand glad I don't have to bother with it now, on the other I just started the new season of True Detective that's been a target in some circles and it would be amusing if that ended up being the network's #1 priority for Limited (even though TD hasn't factored into the awards race at all aside from Ali's nomination since the first season, where it was submitted in Drama) if The Sympathizer also ends up going nowhere despite having soon-to-be-Oscar-winner RDJ as multiple characters.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

So nobody likes Kate Winslet's new HBO show, huh? On one hand glad I don't have to bother with it now, on the other I just started the new season of True Detective that's been a target in some circles and it would be amusing if that ended up being the network's #1 priority for Limited (even though TD hasn't factored into the awards race at all aside from Ali's nomination since the first season, where it was submitted in Drama) if The Sympathizer also ends up going nowhere despite having soon-to-be-Oscar-winner RDJ as multiple characters.

I could see Jodi having a presence in the acting races but despite a strong start, the latest season of TD falls apart pretty substantially by the end. 

On 2/22/2024 at 12:46 PM, Eric Atreides said:

Rotten Tomatoes is at 60% right now.

This is going to be canceled in about 6 months, and nobody will care.

lol never mind they are actually gonna do all three seasons. I mean...I guess some people out there like it, so good for them.

4 hours ago, Torontofan said:

seems the tik tok ban is happening 

Does not become law until the Senate passes it, and then it has to survive court challenges  with the claim the ban violates the first Amendment.

I dislike Tiktok, never use it because I don't want to tive Personal Info to the CCP,(yes, I think that the Chinses Government pretty much calls the shots with Tikkok) but not sure an out and out ban would work.