Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yes it's a full biology degree. The only difference between the two is one is "just" a biology degree and the other is the combined Biology/Earth science. I still want to take the earth science courses, but if I do biology I can take the ones that have more biological adaptations as my electives rather than the "Geophysics" kind of ones that would be required in the combined degree

I really don't know, I don't think I want a career in sciences, unless I became a high school science teacher or something but I would really just be studying it because I enjoy it. It's something I'm interested in, you know?

Okay, so drop the double and get a minor...and since you are thinking of teaching, look into if you can get a certificate at your school (and what that entails)...it doesn't normally require getting an ed degree, but usually is a much simpler, shorter path that will have you able and ready to work at graduation (when you can see if you like the plan or what to try something different:)...

PS - Although some states do have "anal-retentive" teaching cert requirements, so you'll want to check on where you live and where you want to live if this matters to you:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Yes it's a full biology degree. The only difference between the two is one is "just" a biology degree and the other is the combined Biology/Earth science. I still want to take the earth science courses, but if I do biology I can take the ones that have more biological adaptations as my electives rather than the "Geophysics" kind of ones that would be required in the combined degree

I really don't know, I don't think I want a career in sciences, unless I became a high school science teacher or something but I would really just be studying it because I enjoy it. It's something I'm interested in, you know?

Image result for sheldon cooper geology gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can I just say Logic is trash? His music comes across as a nerdy guy trying to be cool and failing miserably. 

He's by no means great but he has a few tracks I like. The one with Neil Drgrasse Tyson being god is dope

I'm making a speech on the importance of directors and need an idea for an image. This section of the presentation is about how producers rely on directors to keep a production afloat. About 80% of producer images I find are of Harvey Weinstein, so that's a no go :lol: IDK if I should put an image of a director that has also produced stuff, studio logos, or something with cash. idk

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm making a speech on the importance of directors and need an idea for an image. This section of the presentation is about how producers rely on directors to keep a production afloat. About 80% of producer images I find are of Harvey Weinstein, so that's a no go :lol: IDK if I should put an image of a director that has also produced stuff, studio logos, or something with cash. idk

I disgree with this hypothesis. :lol: 

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Directors are kinda the ones super dependent on the producers?

• Like 1

Man, even without Avengers moving, April is alot better than March this year. Blockers and A Quiet Place are getting potential breakout reviews, Truth or Dare could probably open higher than Tomb Raider/Pacific Rim, and Rampage is going to open 15m above anything coming out this month. The seasons are changing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Directors are kinda the ones super dependent on the producers?

The point I'm getting across for this section is that producers rely on directors to keep the production running smoothly, on-budget, and on-schedule.

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Man, even without Avengers moving, April is alot better than March this year. Blockers and A Quiet Place are getting potential breakout reviews, Truth or Dare could probably open higher than Tomb Raider/Pacific Rim, and Rampage is going to open 15m above anything coming out this month. The seasons are changing.

But March has Love, Simon. Quality over quantity 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The point I'm getting across for this section is that producers rely on directors to keep the production running smoothly, on-budget, and on-schedule.

You’re thinking of production managers and assistant directors. Directors don’t deal with that stuff, they’re tasked with creative decisions. The AD builds the schedule — along with the UPM — and runs the set. They’re the ones who’ll be reminding the director that they’re running behind and need to pick up the pace. 

31 minutes ago, Morieris said:

How is the hottest Sriracha I've ever tasted come from SUBWAY of all places?

I want to die.

Not sure I understand the whole siracha thing.  It’s knd of like when pomegranate was big a few years back

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well, if it's to keep things "afloat"...I don't know how handy you are, but putting about 10-to-12 directors on a sinking boat with some buckets and tossing scenes/sleep/scripts/etc overboard would be eye-catching and amusing (although all of this depends on the tone of your speech:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, HerediTele said:

You’re thinking of production managers and assistant directors. Directors don’t deal with that stuff, they’re tasked with creative decisions. The AD builds the schedule — along with the UPM — and runs the set. They’re the ones who’ll be reminding the director that they’re running behind and need to pick up the pace. 

Er............

Shit. I don't know if I should replace the section. I mean, a director needs to stay on schedule in the first place. Producers will rely on a good director to do that, no?

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, if it's to keep things "afloat"...I don't know how handy you are, but putting about to-12 directors on a sinking boat with some buckets and tossing scenes/sleep/scripts/etc overboard would be eye-catching and amusing (although all of this depends on the tone of your speech:)...

I'm already using an image of James Cameron directing Titanic ( @IronJimbo); that's a bit too much :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Er............

Shit. I don't know if I should replace the section. I mean, a director needs to stay on schedule in the first place. Producers will rely on a good director to do that, no?

Er, no. :lol: I mean, sure, they like that, but on a list of things a director should be doing, that’s not really their responsibility. 

Edited by HerediTele

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Er............

Does it make it a great speech?  If so, tweak to "directors oversee all of the people who blankety, blank, blank, blank"...

I mean, I got an A+ on a Lit paper movie critique where I accidentally misidentified a major statue in Philly (b/c I was sleep-deprived and not thinking) and not only was it not noticed, but the paper was taken as is to be used as an example for all future Lit classes (so I couldn't fix it)...I've always sat back and wondered how long it took for something so obvious to get caught by anybody (since it's not like I could ask for it back and fix it...well, I could have, but I just deemed it too embarrassing for me, and then my prof, who also didn't notice it:)...

• Like 1