Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That's a dumb interpretation

tbh it's the one that fits lanthimos' style as a more overtly comedic von trier nihilist type the most. pin him down on it and i bet that would be the one. if it's any help colin farrell thinks he doesn't do it but goes back and pretends like he did to please her which i guess is sort of the midway one and maybe the most interesting. your interpretation is boring.

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread before but there's this fascinating article on Metacritic about directors who have made only 1 good movie ever

http://www.metacritic.com/pictures/mediocre-film-directors-with-just-one-good-movie

I agree with the majority of these. I imagine the inclusion of Harmony Korine would cause a lot of criticism though

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

tbh it's the one that fits lanthimos' style as a more overtly comedic von trier nihilist type the most. pin him down on it and i bet that would be the one. if it's any help colin farrell thinks he doesn't do it but goes back and pretends like he did to please her which i guess is sort of the midway one and maybe the most interesting. your interpretation is boring.

Idk. I think it's funny that a man is willing to stab his eyes out "for love". Had me rolling

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i always intepreted the end of the lobster that he doesn't stab his eyes out for her he just fucking bolts and ditches her.

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That's a dumb interpretation

My interpretation is similar to Coolio's. He doesn't stab his eyes out and off-camera he comes back and just lies that he did.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Gonna cross post this into the casual thread as well:

Not the Big Chair, no.  But 2nd Unit on a film the size of SW is no small thing.  And easily a door opener to future projects.

Kathleen Kennedy right now: "No, we won't allow women to direct Star Wars, they can support a guy for sure though. Please applaud us for our diversity efforts. We are really trying people, honestly"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Kathleen Kennedy right now: "No, we won't allow women to direct Star Wars, they can support a guy for sure though. Please applaud us for our diversity efforts. We are really trying people, honestly"

"I'm glad we're having this conversation. It's time after DC did it three times."