Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
Just now, Porthos said:

We never had In and Out here in Sacramento until late 90s, maybe early 00s?  Forget the exact time, but I didn't grow up on them or have them nearby.

Did try one when I was in Vacaville on business before then and my literal reaction was "That's it?  THAT'S what the hype is about?".

Then I ate the fries. :gold:

God Christ Almighty, those fries. :gold: 

How the hell can one fuck up fries THAT badly? :gold:

I've since heard many different tricks to 'secretly' improve them.  And, yes, if I get them well done with cheese and grilled onions* and pour salt all over them... Then, yes, they're edible.  But sakes alive, I shouldn't have to doctor them that much to make them barely tolerable. :rant:

* I personally can not stand 1000 island dressing, so I never have it on anything.

===

I've since come to the conclusion that the actual burgers are fairly decent.  A huge lack of bacon, yes, but overall pretty decent.  But they ARE tremendously overrated and I don't give a damn who wants to "@" me about that opinion. ;)

If I didn't have to wait around so long to get them, I'd probably but In and Out burgers more often and then stop by McDonalds for real fries more often.  As is though, I get In and Out maybe once a year.  If that.

So, overall decent-ish burger + hideous fries = O-VER-RA-TED CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP.

McDonalds fries are also crap. Most American fast food joints have shit fries. Also Whataburger > In N Out. Come at me bros.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

McDonalds fries are also crap. Most American fast food joints have shit fries. Also Whataburger > In N Out. Come at me bros.

Shoestring fries that are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  Pretty much just how I like em.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will admit that if one doesn't eat them right away, they get pretty bad.  But the price-enjoyment-speed combo is pretty hard to beat for me.

• Community Manager
Just now, Porthos said:

Shoestring fries that are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  Pretty much just how I like em.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will admit that if one doesn't eat them right away, they get pretty bad.  But the price-enjoyment-speed combo is pretty hard to beat for me.

Ketchup should compliment french fries. You shouldn't depend on ketchup to make your french fries taste good. McDonalds fries depend on ketchup to be good.

8 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Um, no. McDonalds fries are on point. BK used to have the best, but they changed their menu and they suck now. Wendy's have gotten better. Zaxby's fries are unique. Whataburger was good, but the real MVP was the spicy ketchup on the fry, not the fry itself. 

McDonald has crazy good fries, the shape is perfectly designed to have lot of oil/salt for the amount of potatoes. They even had them fried in actual beef fat like Belgium people do before they passed some laws against Trans fat, that how dedicated they are to that item.

Edited by Barnack

Rank the fast food fries:

Popeyes

McDonald's

Wendy's

Arby's

Steak 'n Shake

Dairy Queen

KFC (wedges count here don't @ me)

Sonic (would put their tater tots above KFC but we aren't ranking those)

Literally anything else

Burger King

I would get BK more often if their fries weren't so fucking bland and the portions weren't laughable.

34 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Five Guys Opinion:  Burgers are good, if overpriced.  Fries are excellent though, I'll give them that. RebWGyw.png

I can agree with that. 

Of course my mantra as always when it comes to food local eateries specific to your town will always give you the best meal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Popeyes

McDonald's

Wendy's

Arby's

Steak 'n Shake

Dairy Queen

Literally anything else

Burger King

I would get BK more often if their fries weren't so fucking bland and the portions weren't laughable.

Everyone knows with Wendy's fries you get a Frosty to dip them in

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

this was on my recommended videos list. time to reevaluate every choice i've ever made

I really want to click on the video.  But then I really don't want to.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Popeyes

McDonald's

Wendy's

Arby's

Steak 'n Shake

Dairy Queen

Literally anything else

Burger King

My ranking:

-None