Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Cardi B is literally everywhere. She needs to calm down a bit or she'll get overexposed real soon.

Once she has her kid, she'll be gone for a bit. Probably will make an appearance on Migos' next album then return.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Lift Yourself isn't on the album so I've already decided it's gonna be bad

There's nothing on it as objectively perfect as Lift Yourslef, but there's nothing as bad as Ye vs the People or whatever that other one was called

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Lolz. It's not nearly as impressive visually. Nearly. I am talking about production value and cinematography.

Lol what are you talking about?! That video has amazing cinematography. No production value? The amount of stuff going on in the background of the video has a lot symbolism and meaning in it. It looks pretty damn cool from a visual stand point.

30 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Lol what are you talking about?! That video has amazing cinematography. No production value? The amount of stuff going on in the background of the video has a lot symbolism and meaning in it. It looks pretty damn cool from a visual stand point.

Is it a rule that you need to like it? Because I didn't. What's the penalty?

I mean, I didn't say it had "no production value" neither did I ever mention anything about it's symbolisms I am talking about the visual part solely.

I think that the song is pretty meh. I like what the music video is trying to preach but I cringe at the fact that the people praising this are living an identical lifestyle to what the video is trying to criticize. This whole "woke" movement, is so shalow it makes me cringe.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I don't know how I would've gotten through my university years if I hadn't been allowed to buy alcohol here upon turning 18.

That’s why one of the first things I did as an undergraduate was to make upperclassmen friends.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Is it a rule that you need to like it? Because I didn't. What's the penalty?

I mean, I didn't say it had "no production value" neither did I ever mention anything about it's symbolisms I am talking about the visual part solely.

I think that the song is pretty meh. I like what the music video is trying to preach but I cringe at the fact that the people praising this are living an identical lifestyle to what the video is trying to criticize. This whole "woke" movement, is so shalow it makes me cringe.

I mean, I personally can’t see myself listening to the song outside of watching it alongside the music video but I think the two work in tandem together to create something meaningful.

You do you though. I’m not trying to change your mind. I just think that its ridiculous saying that the video isn’t at all interesting from a visual perspective.

Haven't listened to the new Kanye joint yet (at work), but just a friendly reminder that the new Nas drops June 15th, and the new YG drops June 22nd. The best rapper of all time and maybe the best rapper currently working, back to back. Can't wait.

Also happy birthday @WrathOfHan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Haven't listened to the new Kanye joint yet (at work), but just a friendly reminder that the new Nas drops June 15th, and the new YG drops June 22nd. The best rapper of all time and maybe the best rapper currently working, back to back. Can't wait.

Also happy birthday @WrathOfHan

:thinking:

Haven't listened to too much YG. maybe I should change that 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:thinking:

Haven't listened to too much YG. maybe I should change that 

I love YG. He's the brick through the window of popular rap music. Let's just say that he's a very popular rapper who ain't never gonna get play with pretentious college students who rant about their love Kendrick and Migos. Not that Kendrick or Migos are bad (Kendrick is obviously brilliant, in particular), but he's old-school, not on that suburban music festival wave, but in a fresh way. Idk. I just like his albums alot. Still Brazy is excellent. I can't really describe it.