Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, filmlover said:

When you seeing Lady Bird, bro? See it with your family. Y'all might find you have more in common than you think.

Whenever the fuck it gets here. I might take my mom if she isn't busy (we're planning on seeing Wonder tomorrow but she might not be able to make it)

On 11/17/2017 at 11:44 AM, That One Guy said:
  1. It
  2. A Cure for Wellness
  3. Get Out
  4. It Comes at Night
  5. Split
  6. Gerald's Game
  7. Raw
  8. Alien: Covenant
  9. Cult of Chucky
  10. Annabelle: Creation
  11. The Belko Experiment
  12. Happy Death Day
  13. Little Evil
  14. Death Note
  15. Life
  16. 47 Meters Down
  17. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
  18. The Mummy
  19. Underworld: Blood Wars
  20. Wish Upon
  21. Amityville: The Awakening
  22. The Bye Bye Man
  23. Rings

I'm not going to post the link to the news article, and especially not the Snapchat video, for reasons just concerning not somehow releasing where I live.

But a video showed up this weekend of 2 boys from my high school shooting a deer to injure it, dragging it into their backyard, and subsequently torture the animal by cutting its throat and laughing and filming as the deer tries to cry out in pain and thrashes on the grass. There is apparently an RCMP investigation but here's the disgusting part.

The video went viral around town. People at the high school, the college, everywhere, sharing it. And it's not like a whole lot of people are against it either, at least not as far as teenagers go. In fact, because this guy was popular to begin with, his Facebook is filled with LOLS and HOLY

SHIT THIS IS HILARIOUS. He was at the party my sister was at this weekend and she said he was just having a ball (even though he apparently had to leave pretty quick) suddenly being the most popular guy around, with friends and with girls. Like holy

shit, since when does a video of animal cruelty that is under investigation by police turn you into Mr. Hero among teenagers? Since when are we so fucked up that this is the kind of shit that we praise and laugh at?

im actually so sad and disgusted right now.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

An all-timer of an interview exchange, from Larry King

DEBRA TATE, FMR. SISTER IN LAW OF ROMAN POLANSKI: I would like to see this whole thing go away. I think that there has been a lot of time that has passed and we need to bring it to an end. 

KING: Have you ever talked to Roman Polanski? 

TATE: I have. 

KING: How can you have a civil conversation with someone who so brutally murdered your sister? 

TATE: Roman didn't murder my sister.