Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Disney have no new releases till Inside Out 2 after Snow White and Elio were pushed a year, so this is a way to get some theatrical presence in the first 6 months. Won't be doing too much at the box office due to already being free to watch on streaming but at least keeps it looking like Disney has something in theaters.

5 hours ago, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

Rockstar dropped it early because someone leaked it. The trailer already has 2.1 million likes on YouTube in less than 30 minutes. This is gonna be the biggest entertainment launch/event ever.

This trailer breaking all records 37 million views om yotube in 6 hrs

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

RockStar pulling some BTS numbers on Youtube lol 

wild

It’s currently at 84 million views in 21 hours on the main Rockstar upload. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll make it past the 108 million it needs to beat BTS’s all time record, but it’s still insane numbers and almost double the amount of the previous record for a non-music video on YouTube. I hope distributors aren’t scheduling any movies for GTAVI’s opening weekend!

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Celebrity Wife Swap, making a comeback...

That's how Shania Twain ended up with her current husband. Mutt Lange was cheating with Shania's best friend. Both couples split after the affair was outed and the jilted spouses got together.

Gotta say I really dig how much of a throwback to celebrity scandals from 20 or so years ago this whole saga is.

• Like 1

Man, those reviews for the Open World Avatar game sure are something, aren't they?

Even setting aside the, um, interesting tact the Polygon review took, which I am sure won't generate any backlash at all

(NARRATOR:  Remember, it's not lying if it's sarcasm)

– sure are a lot of the same complaints out there about sameness and bloat and whatnot.  

If I had to parse them at a quick glance, I'd say that this is something of a reaction to folks feeling the game is missing that spark/élan that makes the best open world games interesting and engaging.  The sense of discovery of "Huh, just what is that around the corner?" Even repetitive game play can still be interesting as long as there is engaging mini-stories to be unearthed.

Now this is just the initial wave of reviews.  Doesn't mean the GA will react the same way.  But have to think this isn't what Ubisoft really wanted to see the day before release.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/i-got-a-vasectomy-due-to-climate-grief-now-i-m-compelled-to-let-go-of-my-backup-plan-1.7044592

This is jokes as generally people who have such previliege will be least impacted by climate change as they will live in nice houses with AC and AC cars and can easily move to desireable areas least impacted by climate change lol

On 12/6/2023 at 6:18 AM, filmlover said:

RIP to a legend.

Sad thing is alot of people here don't know who Lear was.

The unexpected massive sucess of "All In the Family" changed the course of American Television. It showed that a  show delaing with controversial topics and full of satire could be a huge hit.Before, the common wisdom was that any kind of controversy in the entertaiment shows was to be avoided.