Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Nope!

I've said outlandish shit before here, and I've been whacked for it.

So, I adjusted how messy I get it on these boards!

I never said anything as bad as what you said yet I got 4 warning points

4 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

I never said anything as bad as what you said yet I got 4 warning points

Well next time if you see an offensive post, you should hit the Report button. I always try to do my best to check every potentially ugly thread, but sometimes thing slip through the cracks. I do have a life outside this place after all. Reporting on stuff makes things way easier on the staff. Because yeah, Claire posting that is offensive and violates rules. But how will I know she posted that unless you tell me?

Just now, Eric is Trapped said:

Well next time if you see an offensive post, you should hit the Report button. I always try to do my best to check every potentially ugly thread, but sometimes thing slip through the cracks. I do have a life outside this place after all. Reporting on stuff makes things way easier on the staff. Because yeah, Claire posting that is offensive and violates rules. But how will I know she posted that unless you tell me?

I didn't find it offensive and I thought the mods had deleted it. Do you work in the industry if you dont mind me asking?

Hmm. Got 2 hours to kill before The Sixth Sense. Do I watch Spider-Man (2002) or Inside Out 2. Everything else in the cinema I’ve already seen 😕 

Is 2024 the year of Predator's or something seeing so many high profile people going down one after another.

Seems like Streaming community, Youtuber Community, Hollywood and big business is full of endless high profile predators.

So a shit ton of Netflix shows and movies (some for 2025) are leaking out online

Spellbound, Terminator Zero, Plankton: The Movie, Jentry Chau vs. The Underworld, Ranma 1/2, Dan Da Dan, ArcaneSeason 2, and Fairly Odd Parents: A New Wish! 

A new SpongeBob movie and bloody Arcane.

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

I don't care who it is, whoever gets the Alec Baldwin role will come nowhere close to equalling what Baldwin did in the original.One of the greats rants/monogoues in screen history.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I don't care who it is, whoever gets the Alec Baldwin role will come nowhere close to equalling what Baldwin did in the original.One of the greats rants/monogoues in screen history.

There is no Alec Baldwin role in the play. It was invented specifically for the movie 

It's quite interesting that a lot of TV and Hollywood actors are doing theatre for the first time or first time in a very long time like RDJ, George Clooney, Keanu Reeves, even Ryan Reynolds is rumoured to doing be a play next year. I love theatre so it's thrilling to see big names tread the boards but given it's much harder work compared to TV and movies, I wonder why it's becoming more attractive. It's not the money that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's quite interesting that a lot of TV and Hollywood actors are doing theatre for the first time or first time in a very long time like RDJ, George Clooney, Keanu Reeves, even Ryan Reynolds is rumoured to doing be a play next year. I love theatre so it's thrilling to see big names tread the boards but given it's much harder work compared to TV and movies, I wonder why it's becoming more attractive. It's not the money that's for sure.

Establishing legitimacy that you can handle any medium, I imagine. RDJ is also King of the World right now between winning an Oscar, earning an Emmy nomination (and could win based on career momentum alone? He was The Sympathizer's only nom but his competition is weak), likely to earn a Tony nomination next year, and of course, the announcement of his return to the MCU as a villain this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Establishing legitimacy that you can handle any medium, I imagine. RDJ is also King of the World right now between winning an Oscar, earning an Emmy nomination (and could win based on career momentum alone? He was The Sympathizer's only nom but his competition is weak), likely to earn a Tony nomination next year, and of course, the announcement of his return to the MCU as a villain this time.

I do think some actors have internal pressure to do theatre, I've seen a few interviews with Emily Blunt and she mentioned she wants do more theatre but her kids are still too young and she wants to be there for bedtimes and after school which is fine if you're doing a short filming stint and you can split it with your partner but theatre is a full time commitment for that 3-4 month period and it's evening based as well apart from matinees. Florence Pugh also mentioned in an interview she would love to do theatre but she wants take time out to prepare for do a run and the thought of doing it terrifies her. 

Edited by Jonwo

On 8/11/2024 at 6:26 AM, filmlover said:

The kind of feedback an actor can get from perfroming before a live audience is something you simply do not get with a movie.

On 8/11/2024 at 7:41 AM, Jonwo said:

I do think some actors have internal pressure to do theatre, I've seen a few interviews with Emily Blunt and she mentioned she wants do more theatre but her kids are still too young and she wants to be there for bedtimes and after school which is fine if you're doing a short filming stint and you can split it with your partner but theatre is a full time commitment for that 3-4 month period and it's evening based as well apart from matinees. Florence Pugh also mentioned in an interview she would love to do theatre but she wants take time out to prepare for do a run and the thought of doing it terrifies her. 

Both Blunt and Pugh made a reputation in live theater before going into movies.

That is a huge difference between the UK and the US; In the UK the normal route for any actor tis to spend some time early on in his career in live theater; in the US not so much.

Of course I think that the live stage is the actor's native land, and he should occasionally go back to get his passport revnewed.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

The kind of feedback an actor can get from perfroming before a live audience is something you simply do not get with a movie.

Reminds me of when Julia Roberts attempted Broadway and earned some of the worst reviews of her career. I imagine most actors welcome the challenge, especially if you're someone like Keanu who has never been held in high regard as a film actor over a career that's now spanned five decades and have something to prove.