Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It can help indie movies if they reduce prices for them.

I feel like anyone who pays to see indie movies in theaters had already made their mind up about seeing it; they don't pick it just because something else is sold out or it's the next closest showtime. And even if they do end up big hits they'd never be able to fetch prices as exorbitant as an action blockbuster on its opening weekend. I think this will further encourage the "big budget blockbusters only" model we all fear.

Edited by tribefan695

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It can help indie movies if they reduce prices for them.

It will probably be more to not leave money on the table for the big popular movie first days, than helping indie movie (if it is not the theatrical chain taking 100% of the hit for the reduced price).

Depending of the deal obviously, but indie movies already get less from theater versus studios release, if they still get less rentetion rate and from lower priced tickets.... could make them go the way documentaries ended to go (netflix).

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A Contra movie is being made in China

I love how they're clearly ripping sound effects straight from the Transformers movies.

And until Konami bothers to make another Contra game they can buzz off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2017/10/26/starbucks-launches-zombie-frappuccino-coffees-walking-non-dead-fans/802031001/

The zombie frappuccino sounds fucking incredible :ohmygod: I'm contemplating driving 20 minutes to get one tomorrow.

That sounds disgusting. What is wrong with you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2017/10/26/starbucks-launches-zombie-frappuccino-coffees-walking-non-dead-fans/802031001/

The zombie frappuccino sounds fucking incredible :ohmygod: I'm contemplating driving 20 minutes to get one tomorrow.

It does sound incredible.   Incredibly awful

And you must really live in the boondocks if you have to drive twenty minutes for a Starbucks.  I thinking I can walk to one in that amount of time.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1