Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

You all deserve a lump of coal because the forum has sucked for the past week and btw I hate Christmas.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals, and screw your new year. Lunar New Year ain’t till February. #NotMyNewYear

Well this should brighten your day

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21863467/teams-complain-nfl-green-bay-packers-violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So Bright wasn't the Trainwreck that reviews said it was, but it definitely needed a clearer idea whether it wanted to be a fantastical movie or a street level police drama.

the entire 3rd act is just rushing to hit the required marks instead of actually advancing any character arcs. The 3 elf villains who can take out an entire SWAT team in 2 minutes struggle to beat the 2 heroes. The twist about who is a Bright is so telegraphed it shouldn't even count as a twist. It basically squanders all the setup for an unsatisfying conclusion. 

Will Smith and Edgerton are both good in the movie, Noomi Rapace and Lucy Fry not so much.

It's crazy how many of David Ayer's movies are "A day in the life". Training Day, Sabotage, End of Watch, Suicide Squad, Bright and probably something I'm forgetting, the majority of the plot takes place in one day

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So Bright wasn't the Trainwreck that reviews said it was, but it definitely needed a clearer idea whether it wanted to be a fantastical movie or a street level police drama.

Reveal hidden contents

Will Smith and Edgerton are both good in the movie, Noomi Rapace and Lucy Fry not so much.

Hide contents

It's crazy how many of David Ayer's movies are "A day in the life". Training Day, Sabotage, End of Watch, Suicide Squad, Bright and probably something I'm forgetting, the majority of the plot takes place in one day

Spoiler

Pretty sure Fury also took place over the course of one day as well.

Shame that Bright seems to have been another whoof from Max Landis (and David Ayer). I always give him credit for consistently coming up with original genre film ideas, but then I find myself taking back that defense when most of the films he pens suck.

Bright looked like it especially had some kind of potential. It had a Mass Effect-ish feel to it, and I found the idea of a fantasy world cops and robbers story kinda intriguing, if needed to be worked out in order not to feel too Earthbound despite its fantastical aspirations. Oh well. Another day, another Landis idea.... written by Landis himself, wasting whatever potential it might have. God, Chronicle feels every passing day like an increasingly bigger miracle of a film.

• Like 1