Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I bet some of you thought it was over.

The world's dumbest constitutional crisis roles on.  

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/david-feeney-resigns-from-federal-parliament-20180201-h0ryf5.html

Labor MP for the Electorate of Batman, David Feeney has resigned.  He was sure he renounced his UK citizenship but lost the paperwork and the UK had no record.

This by-election could be interesting as the Greens have a good chance of taking the seat from Labor.  

The Greens candidate in 2016, Alex Bhathal, is expected to run again although some in the party do not want her to stand.

The Greens came desperately close to winning Batman at the 2016 election, where they gained a 9.5 per cent swing.

Ms Bhathal received about 900 more first preference votes than Mr Feeney, who relied on Liberal preferences to be re-elected.

• Haha 2

Just now, DeeCee said:

I bet some of you thought it was over.

The world's dumbest constitutional crisis roles on.  

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/david-feeney-resigns-from-federal-parliament-20180201-h0ryf5.html

Labor MP David Feeney has resigned.  He was sure he renounced his UK citizenship but lost the paperwork and the UK had no record.

This by-election could be interesting as the Greens have a good chance of taking the seat from Labor.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's never too late to try. worst case scenario she says no. things get a little awkward but probably not that awkward and you move on

This.

5 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

i'm literally planning on it; i'm just waiting to hear back from someone who knows her better just if she's already seeing someone because i've bene burned on shit like that before and i don't wanna get damned again

:bravo: 

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

to be fair Han did eventually actually ask his "romantic victim" out. he just got hardcore rejected

:whosad: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

“I do like bowling, but I have a boyfriend.”

In that moment, Han walked away slowly and logged onto r/TheRedPill for the first time.

I actually went here first and then went to Wendy's:whosad: 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

btw I think Han and I should both stand as a testament that bowling is a terrible first date idea

Er, you were the one that said it was a good first date when I was asking you guys where I should go on a date :lol: 

What do you think is a good first date spot?

Just now, DAJK said:

@WrathOfHan just wondering, did you end up ever asking anyone else out after that "incident"?

Unfortunately no. There was hand-raising girl, but I lost interest in her after getting blasted on here :lol: I'm not really in the mood to be pawning around for a date four weeks into the semester; it'd be super obvious at this point, and I haven't really found a girl that stands out this semester (god that sounds really sexist but whatever).

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Better than avoiding as much contact as possible in class :gold: 

It's super cool tbh. She's still super fun to be around so i get that upside without having to deal with the fact that she's just completely unstable anymore 

• Like 1