Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

49 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Maybe it's my mood, but I just got joy and levity by watching a thread grow and grow and the new page was just filled with people on ignore.  I was wondering when the first non ignored  person would post lol

I guess this is like what  the RT watch is for some people :P

I don't think I could guess the thread.

Spoiler

718fc7b219158654993a85f7286b3362--james-

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

...this is not true 🤔

I remember when Wonder came out and you were like "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to people with disfigured faces looks insufferable." Looking forward to a few weeks from now when Love, Simon opens and you say "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to gay people looks insufferable" as well. So cold, that Tele.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I remember when Wonder came out and you were like "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to people with disfigured faces looks insufferable." Looking forward to a few weeks from now when Love, Simon opens and you say "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to gay people looks insufferable" as well. So cold, that Tele.

wonder does look like shit though. got that sentient ventriloquist puppet from room all scarred up no thank you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wonder does look like shit though. got that sentient ventriloquist puppet from room all scarred up no thank you.

Wonder is a nice little film, but you'd deffo get annoyed by Tremblay (or maybe not? it's told from four different perspectives so it's not through his eyes the entire runtime)

I got a cousin (who also a fan of movies!) recommending me Wonder like crazy. She's cool so I politely replied 'it's not my thing' and moved on. 

If it was anybody else I would be like forget I exist.

Edited by Goffe

My biggest issue with Wonder is that there isn't much conflict in the second half. All of the plot driven stuff comes in the first half, and it spins its wheels towards the end. The fourth perspective from Via's friend is bad, out of place, and barely touched upon. Otoh the movie is still fun and feel-good for most of its runtime, which is a hard thing to do.

It astounds me that other drivers around won’t either turn on their headlights when it’s raining or snowing.  Or don’t clear the snow off their car windows. I must have seen 4 or 5 cars with at least 4 inches driving around 

• Like 2