aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

32M true Friday. Possibly 30-35% bump to 40-43M or so today and a 35% drop Sunday for a 112-118M OW

If it plays like Homecoming, $110M OW is the minimum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If it plays like Homecoming, $110M OW is the minimum.

I edited the previous comment. The Deep Wang comps suggested 110 +/- 5M. Would end in that range itself by the looks of it. Deadpool remains the big outlier.

• Like 1

Since Thor and JL will be the big hits of November, BM2 underperforming, DH2 and OE likely underperforming, Wonder and The Star posting small but sufficient numbers. I’m curious on how Coco will perform. Will it be more like Tangled, Moana or go the $150M-$185M range?

• Like 2

I realize mother! bombed and I get that Passengers and Joy also flopped/underperformed, but yikes at JLaw interviewing Kim K on late night TV and kissing her ass. Her and her team must be panicked over the state of her career if she has to resort to "relatably" interviewing a reality star on TV for attention. 

As soon as she starts talking about her farts I had to stop it. I was painful. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Since Thor and JL will be the big hits of November, BM2 underperforming, DH2 and OE likely underperforming, Wonder and The Star posting small but sufficient numbers. I’m curious on how Coco will perform. Will it be more like Tangled, Moana or go the $150M-$185M range?

I feel zero hype for Coco.

If anything I expect a Good Dinosaur run.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Coco will do similar numbers to Tangled at least. Marketplace is almost completely open for an animated Disney film to make plenty of bank.

• Like 1

On the positive side among indie distributed pics, A24’s Lady Bird from director/actress Greta Gerwig is currently posting the second best theater average of 2017 with $80K at four New York and Los Angeles venues after Lionsgate/Amazon’s The Big Sick which charted $84K per theater in its opening weekend. 

even higher than estimated. this is massive. 

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It depends on marketing. Now that’s Thor is gone, it’s up to Disney to put some effort in Coco.

During the WS I saw a decent amount of ads for Coco.  I wouldn't say there's been a lack of effort 

• Like 2