aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yeah it's been a very good year for the funny book movies, but I'm glad they're over now and the board can return to some temporary sanity

............have you been to the JL thread with the alleged claims about  screening reactions about the movie being funny?

i sure hope those jokes don’t undercut the stakes for that one! /s

Just now, Rorschach said:

I think Watchmen is Snyder's best film

His best was the one which had scripting done by a guy who had dialogue about poop in his blockbuster movie this summer 

Just now, Rorschach said:

Oh shit. I keep forgetting he directed that film. This is actually my favorite of his now that I think about it. Watchmen is a solid second.

I really love this movie. Probably in my top 15 for my favorite animated movies. Everything else from Synder went downhill after it imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I really love this movie. Probably in my top 15 for my favorite animated movies. Everything else from Synder went downhill after it imo.

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. It's weird. Outside of the slow-mo, you probably couldn't tell that it was directed by him on first viewing. It feels so different from his other films (outside of the fact that it is animated). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. It's weird. Outside of the slow-mo, you probably couldn't tell that it was directed by him on first viewing. It feels so different from his other films (outside of the fact that it is animated). 

The visuals were on point.

• Like 1

Caught Thor on Friday. It was consistently funny enough to keep me entertained (Co-MVP's Korg and Goldblum), although I'm not sure I'll ever seek it out again. That said, I could say the same for most Marvel flicks. With low expectations, I enjoy them all in the moment yet they're never inspired enough to revisit. But no, it was pretty fun.

As for hitting 300, I think it's gonna be REAL close. Let's give it 118 for the weekend. I'm thinking it manages a multi of 2.5-2.6, which would put it in the 295-306.9 range. It's pretty difficult to see it getting Strange's 2.73 multi, both by being a sequel and facing Justice League in two weeks. If it crosses 300, figure it does so by a few million. Expecting Homecoming legs seems unreasonable. 

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mark my words: Three Billboards is going to be the highest grossing comedy of November.

"This doesn't put an end to shit, you fucking retard! This is just the fucking start! Why don't you put that on your good morning Missouri fuckin' wakeup broadcast, BITCH!"

I have it pegged to win Best Picture at next year's Oscars with Nolan taking Best Director for Dunkirk.