BadAtGender

Monday 6 Nov. Numbers: Thor $8.25m (pg6)

Thor 3 grosses 300 mil easily. Lmao I remember people thought SH wouldn’t cross 300 million, and it blew right past that mark to end up around 340 million. Holiday legs will help. WW survived just fine in bw two superhero movies too. 

Edited by KJsooner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

But won't the November holiday bump even things out?

Let’s say about 240-250 mil after Thanksgiving by that time it’s gonna be hard for the film to hold screens and will be approaching Thor’s 5weekend.

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Thor 3 grosses 300 mil easily. Lmao I remember people thought SH wouldn’t cross 300 million, and it blew right past that mark to end up around 340 million. Holiday legs will help. WW survived just fine in bw two superhero movies too. 

SM:HC was a summer Release

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Let’s say about 240-250 mil after Thanksgiving by that time it’s gonna be hard for the film to hold screens and will be approaching Thor’s 5weekend.

We went over this like 4 times in the weekend thread: Thor will retain nearly all of its screens when JL opens because theaters still have October holds to get rid of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We went over this like 4 times in the weekend thread: Thor will retain nearly all of its screens when JL opens because theaters still have October holds to get rid of.

Besides even with The Star and Wonder too, Theaters would rather give them a split than give up a screen for Thor.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Not sure if it’ll have COCO double features, it’ll still be early in its run for that. 

I don’t see why not. Both are Disney movies and I believe they done it in the past.

10 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Way to jump to conclusions [mod edit].

Don't blame me, that's how it was written.

I've never heard of an election described as a race before, therefore there is only one other interpretation.

• Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And September and November holds in some cases.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Looking at November it looks like Twilight had worse legs than Harry Potter and Harry Potter had worse legs than the Hunger Games franchise.

Any guesses why this was case? 

Twilight had yound females as the main demo, thus an even bigger rush factor than Harry Potter, which was pretty much 4 quadrant. HG: CF was just a hype machine after the first one and the Mockingjay sequels just has the luxury of virtually no competition in their first 3 weekends; Potter 1,2 and 4 had much more competition while Twilight would have fallen of the cliff either way.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah but not it’s crowd.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yeah but not it’s crowd.

I still believe that Thor and JL will not really hurt each other or their very similiar target demographic. They are (along with DH2 and Orient Express, which both will only post small numbers) essentially the only films playing then. If a film has great WOM, and Thor does, it wont fall apart just because another big movie is released.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I still believe that Thor and JL will not really hurt each other or their very similiar target demographic. They are (along with DH2 and Orient Express, which both will only post small numbers) essentially the only films playing then. If a film has great WOM, and Thor does, it wont fall apart just because another big movie is released.

Two big movies