BadAtGender

Monday 6 Nov. Numbers: Thor $8.25m (pg6)

The hint from rth in the weekend thread probably indicates that Thor: Ragnarok earned $8m for Monday. A drop of about 75% from Sunday.

I'm holding onto my theory that it made $256, though. A drop of 99.99%.

Also, a non-partisan but all encompassing reminder to any of our board members who happen to inhabit the United States: Tuesday, 7 November is Election Day. This is an off-year for most races, but there are a number of things on the ballot in many states, especially at local levels. Go engage in your civic privilege and duty: Vote! (You might get a cool sticker for it.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’d imagine some frontloadedness for Monday.

$8M

$9.86M

$6.51M

$7.71M

$19.32M

$22.8M

$13.68M 

$55.8M (-54.6%)

~$210M for second weekend if it follows Strange.

On one hand Election Day for the President was last year which probably is much more important last year and Veterans Day was Friday for Strange. I can see a larger Tuesday bump and perhaps a slightly smaller Friday bump.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RagnaRoc said:

The hint from rth in the weekend thread probably indicates that Thor: Ragnarok earned $8m for Monday. A drop of about 75% from Sunday.

I'm holding onto my theory that it made $256, though. A drop of 99.99%.

Also, a non-partisan but all encompassing reminder to any of our board members who happen to inhabit the United States: Tuesday, 7 November is Election Day. This is an off-year for most races, but there are a number of things on the ballot in many states, especially at local levels. Go engage in your civic privilege and duty: Vote! (You might get a cool sticker for it.)

What does that mean ?

Are people of certain races not allowed to vote?

• ...wtf 3

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

What does that mean ?

Are people of certain races not allowed to vote?

He's not talking about race as in white, black, etc. He meant elections when he said races. And its an off year in the sense that not many elections are scheduled for this year except for the ones happening today

Edited by ZeeSoh

42 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

About the same drop percentage (74.8%) as Guardians 2.

Guardians 2 ended up with 2.66 legs.

I’m goong with 2.4x only because this film will face JL In it’s Third Weekend And could be affected.

Edited by Brainiac5

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I’m goong with 2.4x only because this film will face JL In it’s Third Weekend And could be affected.

It’ll rebound even if it drops more than 60%, it happened with Strange and TDW. Besides Coco double features will help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It’ll rebound even if it drops more than 60%, it happened with Strange and TDW. Besides Coco double features will help.

JL is Gonna suck all life from the film Thor or Strange didn’t have another film of the Same genre release two weeks after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Not sure if it’ll have COCO double features, it’ll still be early in its run for that. 

but it's perfect time to say bye bye to $300 mil though :)

or is it?  :ph34r:  

:P   

6 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Not sure if it’ll have COCO double features, it’ll still be early in its run for that. 

Which is why I’m not counting on it.

Thor also have to face School days for the next 10days or so.

Edited by Brainiac5

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

but it's perfect time to say bye bye to $300 mil though :)

or is it?  :ph34r:  

:P   

Not saying it is or not as time will tell ,However Its important that the film be on the right side of 220domestic by JL release.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1