Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Don’t forget Aladdin as well. They may have 6 films over $400M

Im curious if the market place could even produce that many 400M grossers. Like, people only have so much money to spent.

It's is funny that people suppose that after Batb every single remake will do crazy numbers.

A lot of things went right for Beauty and there's no guarrantee that this will happen for all those releases too.

For me, only The Lion King is the only guarraanteed smash. I don't see any other installement coming anywhere close to Beauty.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It's is funny that people suppose that after Batb every single remake will do crazy numbers.

A lot of things went right for Beauty and there's no guarrantee that this will happen for all those releases too.

For me, only The Lion King is the only guarraanteed smash. I don't see any other installement coming anywhere close to Beauty.

I think Aladdin has a chance for $400M, It’s one of Disney’s most beloved movies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im curious if the market place could even produce that many 400M grossers. Like, people only have so much money to spent.

Hollywood is moving towards consolidation (thanks to Disney).

Instead of releasing 30 or 40 movies and hope and pray a penny pinching audience goes to the movies twice a weekend, you offer 10 mega events that almost everyone needs to see. 

And who can blame them?

Disney's formula works. They release fewer movies and still could win 4 years in a row. Why? Cause audiences are moving towards consolidation themselves by being pickier and more selective.

Before you cry bloody murder, wasn't this inevitable with the influx of Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Redbox, and million other movie services?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

SW9,Lion King and Frozen over 500M 

SW9 and Lion King over 600M (200M+ OW) both.

Also, Aladdin may not make BATB numbers, but anyone that doesn't think it's got a chance at making Jungle Book numbers isn't really getting the greater picture here. Aladdin is easily one of Disney's most popular films ever.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Jigsaw grossed an estimated $3.42M this weekend. 17-Day total stands at $34.35M.

adding 1.5x the weekend more gives it 39.5m (2.37x)

Good legs for Jigsaw. It's probably gonna finish with the best legs after the first movie. 

• Like 1