Jump to content
WrathOfHan

Mario | Universal/Illumination | December 21, 2022 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach

Recommended Posts

I'm interested in this, but I'm not fond of Illumination as an animation company. Their quality is really watered down compared to the likes of Dreamworks and Pixar. They have a very generic style that isn't easily identifiable for me. Hopefully Mario's appearance won't be affected by that, but I suspect he will.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cautiously excited for this, though it is going to be a challenge finding the right voice actor and way to make Mario talk, even in animation. Obviously he can't talk like a one note caricature like he does in the games, but giving him just a "normal" voice might also be kind of odd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cautiously excited for this, though it is going to be a challenge finding the right voice actor and way to make Mario talk, even in animation. Obviously he can't talk like a one note caricature like he does in the games, but giving him just a "normal" voice might also be kind of odd. 

I would say to just have Charles Martinet do it since he's been voicing the character for 28 years. But Mario's never spoken long term in games and has been restricted to small catch phrases, so I am not sure if he'd be able to do it for that long without sounding over-the-top.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This has no chance of being good simply due to the fact Nintendo is so protective of their properties they definitely won't allow anything interesting to happen in the movie. It will be just so vanilla family friendly snore fest incoming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eXtacy said:

This has no chance of being good simply due to the fact Nintendo is so protective of their properties they definitely won't allow anything interesting to happen in the movie. It will be just so vanilla family friendly snore fest incoming.

 

Then again. Shiver Miyamoto himself is a producer; if the filmmakers want to do something interesting, they can approach him directly to get approval. And Miyamoto isn't afraid of doing interesting things as a game developer. So things may just turn out okay with him as a producer, because I'd be hardpressed to find anyone on Earth that knows Mario better than him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

An animated Mario movie is a great idea!

 

An illumination Mario movie? NO NO NO NO!

 

I want my Nintendo cinematic universe!

It could be worse. It could be from Paramount or Sony Animation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 2:14 AM, MovieMan89 said:

Cautiously excited for this, though it is going to be a challenge finding the right voice actor and way to make Mario talk, even in animation. Obviously he can't talk like a one note caricature like he does in the games, but giving him just a "normal" voice might also be kind of odd. 

Can't they just get Charles Martinet to voice him? I mean, who else could voice Mario?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Can't they just get Charles Martinet to voice him? I mean, who else could voice Mario?

No, that's what I mean. That would sound completely ridiculous if he were to speak full lines of dialouge like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.