Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Why? Most markets have IA4 and TDKR to compete with right afterwards.

IA4 has already affected the opening in most of the markets.... so no reason why it will cause bigger drops now.TDKR is a factor but it is three weeks away in majority of the markets.On the other hand, SM3 had AWE and Shrek 3 to deal with.So with much better WOM, TASM certainly has it easier than SM3.
  • Like 1

But TASM had almost a full week whilst SM3 had only 4 with no 3D or ticket inflation.

again, nobody was expecting this to match Spider-Man 3 in attendance in developed marketsalso, both SM3 and ASM opened on a Tuesday Edited by John Marston

200m...is that good? I'm lost when it comes to OS. LOL

it is not that good honestly, however there is still some reason to be optimistic here. Amazing Spider-Man apparently had very good holds in markets that it opened in last week and if this carries over to other countries it can definitely recover. All we can do now is wait and see

I consider 550+ m OS with 250+ m DOM a success.That's 800+ m. WW.Great numbers for a reboot and the sequel will likely increase due to positive WOM from ASM.Just because a superhero movie doesn't make it to a billion doesn't mean it's a failure. Get a grip, people.

I consider 550+ m OS with 250+ m DOM a success.That's 800+ m. WW.Great numbers for a reboot and the sequel will likely increase due to positive WOM from ASM.Just because a superhero movie doesn't make it to a billion doesn't mean it's a failure. Get a grip, people.

Yeah but I can understand people expecting more with expanding markets and 3d. I guess we underestimated the reboot affect

comparing TASM with SM3DOM probably250-300 and OS 400-500to 373 and 574comapring with the progress The Avengenger assembly has made in TA compared their last CADOM probably 620 and OS 850to 177 and 192 so the Avenger division expanded by factor 4while single fighter spidey retreated

But TASM had almost a full week whilst SM3 had only 4 with no 3D or ticket inflation.

Well, 5 days plus evening previews.But yes, that is true, but considering, apart from emerging markets, most places have seen a huge fall from SM3, this UK opening is good.

We should see this opening in the context of domestic.Domestically 6-day opening of TASM was less than 3-day opening of SM3, but because of much better WOM, it should finish only 20% behind it.