Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

As for Sweden, hmm, I don't know. 3D should definitely be a boost. I'm seeing it at a local theater in my home town (up visiting for July) and its only showing it in 3D. On the other hand, there is only one iMax theater in the entire country, at the museum of natural history, and they aren't showing Amazing Spider-Man.So how will it compare to the other Spider-Man films? Well, Spider-Man had 619,968 admissions, Spider-Man 2 had 495,606 and Spider-Man 3 had 429,310. It will probably take a bit of a hit from Spider-Man 3s numbers, but the question is how much. Avengers is currently the second highest grossing film of the year here, with 373,734 admissions (number 5 in admissions, but the 3D boost is big). If Spider-Man does just a bit better than the Avengers, it has a shot at beating the biggest gross of the year so far (But Ice Age 4 is very likely to do that before Spider-Man has time), which should translate into a bit over 7 million dollars (which is very good, and would have meant seventh place last year).

As for Sweden, hmm, I don't know. 3D should definitely be a boost. I'm seeing it at a local theater in my home town (up visiting for July) and its only showing it in 3D. On the other hand, there is only one iMax theater in the entire country, at the museum of natural history, and they aren't showing Amazing Spider-Man.So how will it compare to the other Spider-Man films? Well, Spider-Man had 619,968 admissions, Spider-Man 2 had 495,606 and Spider-Man 3 had 429,310. It will probably take a bit of a hit from Spider-Man 3s numbers, but the question is how much. Avengers is currently the second highest grossing film of the year here, with 373,734 admissions (number 5 in admissions, but the 3D boost is big). If Spider-Man does just a bit better than the Avengers, it has a shot at beating the biggest gross of the year so far (But Ice Age 4 is very likely to do that before Spider-Man has time), which should translate into a bit over 7 million dollars (which is very good, and would have meant seventh place last year).

Are these OW or total numbers?

The Amazing Spiderman Holds Strong On Monday

The Amazing Spiderman held up very strong on Monday collecting around 4.50 crore nett. The Monday collections are better than almost all the Hollywood releases opening day collections apart from 2-3 films.

The film has grossed a huge 32 crore nett in four days and the first week is looking at a 41-43 crore nett total which would make it the fourth highest Hollywood film of all time in India in just one week.

It will cross the business of films like Mission impossible 4 and Spiderman 3 in just one week and it could even become the highest grossing Hollywood film though depends on how Bol Bachchan affects it collections from Friday onwards.

The Amazing Spiderman Holds Strong On Monday

The Amazing Spiderman held up very strong on Monday collecting around 4.50 crore nett. The Monday collections are better than almost all the Hollywood releases opening day collections apart from 2-3 films.

The film has grossed a huge 32 crore nett in four days and the first week is looking at a 41-43 crore nett total which would make it the fourth highest Hollywood film of all time in India in just one week.

It will cross the business of films like Mission impossible 4 and Spiderman 3 in just one week and it could even become the highest grossing Hollywood film though depends on how Bol Bachchan affects it collections from Friday onwards.

BOM has listed SM3's india gross at $6,464,624 OW/$16,402,484 total. That does not reflect with above numbers. Isn't a dollar worth around 60 Rupees at this point?

BOM has listed SM3's india gross at $6,464,624 OW/$16,402,484 total. That does not reflect with above numbers. Isn't a dollar worth around 60 Rupees at this point?

They're using nett value not gross value.

That has me confused as well.

As far as I can guess, BOM's opening number is wrong. SM3 opened with 19.17 crore gross which at that time meant $4.7M. TASM has opened with around 37-38 crore gross (the numbers in the article are nett which are 25-30% lower than gross) which equates to $6.8M today.

Spiderman 3 grossed around 68 crore ($16.5M, BOM is correct on that), but the taxes were high 5 years ago and that equated to only 41-42 crore nett.

With SM3 they make sense though.In fact, with the exception of Avatar, they have been more or less accurate for all films.

Even accounting for taxes, BOI numbers always seem to be off compared to the numbers declared by the studios. They were way off on Avatar. They are way off on The Avengers also. The gross is $12.6M. That means the net was closer to $8.9M leading to Rs. 47 Crores. They are reporting around Rs. 38 crores total including all languages Edited by jb007