That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Waiting to see if he can play non teens but he's been excellent in all three big roles. Either he's just really good at playing angst teens or he's a potential generational talent. 

I maintain he should've won supporting actor for Manchester 

• ...wtf 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

idk. i said it before in the oscar threads that it seems everyone thinks he's gonna win just because of what a no duh that looks like on paper. doesn't feel like there's any real passion. wouldn't be surprised to see someone else sneak up.

I feel like there was a similar air around Di Caprio by the end ("yeah this isn't actually great acting but look let's just give this guy his fucking Oscar and be done with it"), didn't stop him. I guess he had the box office and the "it was so hard to make!" thing on his side, but then Oldman is Oldman.

See, Academy, none of this would have happened if you'd just given Oldman the statue he deserved for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Would have been free to reward Chalamet or whoever this year. 

• Like 1

I don't think Supporting Actor is a lock for Dafoe or Rockwell either. Dafoe is a subtle performance in a movie people might forget, and Rockwell just did not scream winner to me, IDK. Hammer is getting serious notices for CMBYN and I think he might do it. I'm personally rooting for Shannon because I love his work and the possibilities of intoxicated Michael Shannon and live microphone are amazing.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm starting to get on board the DDL train for Actor. Franco would be an amazing choice, but I'm not getting any hopes up there :lol: 

I think the 5 nominated are going to be Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Timothee Chalemet, TomHanks and the last spot a toss up between James Franco and Jake Gyllenhaal.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I feel like there was a similar air around Di Caprio by the end ("yeah this isn't actually great acting but look let's just give this guy his fucking Oscar and be done with it"), didn't stop him. I guess he had the box office and the "it was so hard to make!" thing on his side, but then Oldman is Oldman.

See, Academy, none of this would have happened if you'd just given Oldman the statue he deserved for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Would have been free to reward Chalamet or whoever this year. 

Does this mean we're gonna go on a vicious cycle and then award Chalamet-or-Whoever an oscar for the same reason several years down the road? :P

I can't wait for Michael Shannon to get nominated this year...... for Pottersville (Searchlight isn't even campaigning him for Shape of Water lol). Hell, nominate Ian McShane while you're at it.

Am I the only one here that does not want to hump Bigfoot??????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1