That One Girl

God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness | A PURE FLIX PRODUCTION | March 30, 2018 | The highly anticipated sequel that we've been waiting for

Say what you will. But to me, this trailer portrays the film as a definite step up from the last two. It seems to take more of a dramatic angle for sure; a church being burned down is a much more serious occurrence to base a film around.

I choose to be optimistic about this. I mean, Tatum O'Neal signed onto this for a reason.

46 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

8882cd2898209be0401c31d422726a2a--funny-

This does not change the fact that persecution is real. I've been persecuted on this site before.

3 minutes ago, slambros said:

Is it okay if I ask what is it that you mean by "don't"?

You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings if your answer is harsh. I am able to take it.

I'm assuming you're referring to the BP thread from a few weeks ago. If that's the case, there's nothing more that needs to be said so this thread isn't derailed. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the BP thread from a few weeks ago. If that's the case, there's nothing more that needs to be said so this thread isn't derailed. 

I guess you're right.

The last thing I would want to do is cause bad relations between anyone. And I know I shouldn't derail this thread because that would be me taking the hard work of the filmmakers behind the thread's film for granted.

So I won't say anything else about it.

I do thank you for stopping me from causing a debate. On this site, I feel like a character from Bleach going into the soul society and experiencing different rules and ideologies that I don't really understand. And that's kinda like me, a naive teenage Christian that wants to find a way to leave a positive impact on a forum where not everyone agrees with me.

I feel like since I've dived headfirst into the site's activities, I've learned a lot about other users, and other users have learned a lot about me, and I feel like there are others that understand me and want to help me through the ropes to become a better member of the site.

Christians believe that God leads them to places. At this point, I believe I was led to Box Office Theory for a reason, and I shouldn't squander that reason by making people feel sour about me.

I apologize for the rant; sometimes words really do pour out of me- this wouldn't be the first time I've rambled on and on about a subject with multiple well-put-together paragraphs.

The bottom line is, I do thank you for the help. I'm a student at college for a reason, so I should be a good student. I'm a member on this site for a reason, so I should be a good member.

(But none of this will change the fact that I will stan for, and remain optimistic for, every appealing faith-based film that comes out. And I won't stop standing by God either.)

15 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

An all honest being persecuted is personal perspective 

Now I just got finished with a post saying I don't want to cause a debate. And I still really do not want to cause a debate. That hasn't changed. But there is something I must say...

In a first world country like America, we are lucky to be able to say that being persecuted is personal perspective. If someone insults me for my beliefs, I have the right to say whether or not that was persecution.

In places like Syria, where people are forced to flee their homes at best, the people are unfortunately not that lucky.

That's all I wanted to say, and I hope that provides you with food for thought.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Rated PG for thematic elements including some violence and suggestive material

The first film was for Thematic Elements, Brief Violence, and an Accident Scene.

The second film was simply rated PG for Thematic Elements.

So the rating overall has been pretty consistent throughout the series; though this film seems to have a touch more action than the last one, which is a good thing overall, because the last one really was a slog.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

What I'm about to say is going to inevitably become a controversial opinion about the trailer for some viewers, but here goes nothing:

This looks like a legitimate upgrade. I'm serious.

The acting looks better. There's more of an effort to implement artistry. There seems to even be more nuance. The narrative is exploring themes that are truly coloring the main protagonist as an imperfect person- this is a major step up. This looks like a film that gives glory to God, and this threequel as a whole seems to be taking more strides to be a better film than the previous two entries in the franchise. I would not be surprised at all if the film is able to find an audience among faith-bases moviegoers.

I mean, seriously. Look at the one shot inside the church where the yellow backlighting looks slightly reminiscent of the colorization you might've seen in Blade Runner 2049.

This by no means looks incredible, but I'm choosing to see the positives from the trailer, and I'm choosing to say that the positives are going to result in a stronger overall film that people will absolutely want to see.

Edited by slambros
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

So they made a Strawman 3?

I'd like to see it for the hilarity, but I don't want to pay for a ticket to see this. What a dilemma.

Just wait for the Cinema Snob episode of it. That's what I'm looking forward to.

5 minutes ago, Blipsy said:

Just wait for the Cinema Snob episode of it. That's what I'm looking forward to.

The midnight screening videos / Snob episodes, were the best things to come out of the first two GND films. Looking forward to the next one. I still wanna see God's Not Dead: God In Space. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2017 at 8:52 PM, slambros said:

Now I just got finished with a post saying I don't want to cause a debate. And I still really do not want to cause a debate. That hasn't changed. But there is something I must say...

In a first world country like America, we are lucky to be able to say that being persecuted is personal perspective. If someone insults me for my beliefs, I have the right to say whether or not that was persecution.

In places like Syria, where people are forced to flee their homes at best, the people are unfortunately not that lucky.

That's all I wanted to say, and I hope that provides you with food for thought.

It is still always personal perspective.  People in Syria may not believe they are being persecuted. I know stories of people that have had traumatic past that they do not feel like they were being persecuted. Something that maybe viewed as small not being persecuted could be persecuted to them.