ZeeSoh

Monday (05/12) #s: Coco - $1.49m, JL - $1.14m, Wonder - $0.8m, Thor - $0.75m

-75.5% drop from yesterday and -45.8% drop from last week for JL. FB for reference had a 74.9 and 41.8 drop respectively

Amazing -26.4% drop from last Monday for DH2

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 7

Justice League should cross 200m mark today which would be its 18th day. 

For reference that would tie it with Sing, which also crossed 200 in 18 days, at #77 spot on the fastest to $200m at the box office. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

-75.5% drop from yesterday and -45.8% drop from last week for JL. FB for reference had a 74.9 and 41.8 drop respectively

Amazing -26.4% drop from last Monday for DH2

MJ2 had a 72% drop and a 46.4% mon-mon.

JL is in good shape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Justice League should cross 200m mark tomorrow which would be its 18th day. 

For reference that would tie it with Sing, which also crossed 200 in 18 days, at #77 spot on the fastest to $200m at the box office. 

Today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I was going by when we get the numbers but yeah you are right it will cross today on Tuesday. 

Weekend #3 and beyond are very important for this film.

It will determine if it’s a 230-240mil film or a 250domestic.

Im hoping for the 250dom

• Like 1

I think the person who posted that you cannot look at numbers in a vacuum is right. It may be that the trend for this week is lower Sunday drop with higher Monday drop as opposed to years past.  By my calculation, DH2 dropped ~77% from Sunday. Its Mondays are under 1 million, therefore it’s drops from week to week would likely be better. Let’s see if the rest of the movies dropped between 70-80% on Monday. 

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Weekend #3 and beyond are very important for this film.

It will determine if it’s a 230-240mil film or a 250domestic.

Im hoping for the 250dom

I don’t think $250M is happening maybe $245M.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don’t think $250M is happening maybe $245M.

I can't see how it gets to $250, it's lead is down to $14M over Fantastic Beasts and dropping on a daily basis with more competition coming up than Fantastic Beasts had last year.  $245 would be best it can do IMO, probably $240M or lower.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SoSaysI said:

I can't see how it gets to $250, it's lead is down to $14M over Fantastic Beasts and dropping on a daily basis with more competition coming up than Fantastic Beasts had last year.  $245 would be best it can do IMO, probably $240M or lower.

Pretty much this not to mention with the amount of wide releases coming soon and Jedi absorbing more screens than R1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Pretty much this not to mention with the amount of wide releases coming soon and Jedi absorbing more screens than R1

Maybe - I'm not convinced other than opening Thursday that it will absorb more screens than R1 b/c of the Disney terms...the evidence is still out on the bookings at my locals...I see more single shows getting stolen from other movies than actual dedicated screens having to be saved for 4 weeks...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YourMother said:

We have no ideal how the holiday push oshonnahelp this film and its catching up with the percentage drops of the two previous comps.

Nothing is a promise but things are still up in the air.

The film should be looking at 212 after this weekend.

Edit:I’ll take the 245 (2.6x)as well.

The film should be at 410o.S next Monday 

and will only need 45mil more for a 700ww Finish.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m thinking Coco drops 80% again like Moana

Looks to finish more in the lower end of the $240M range, but if it does go above $245M, definitely look for WB to put JL in the $1 discount theaters to get it over $250M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

We have no ideal how the holiday push oshonnahelp this film and its catching up with the percentage drops of the two previous comps.

Nothing is a promise but things are still up in the air.

The film should be looking at 212 after this weekend.

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Maybe - I'm not convinced other than opening Thursday that it will absorb more screens than R1 b/c of the Disney terms...the evidence is still out on the bookings at my locals...I see more single shows getting stolen from other movies than actual dedicated screens having to be saved for 4 weeks...

My theater pretty much has Jedi on at least 4 screens and Ferdinand should have at least a 2D/3D Split. Not mention we have Christmas movies here showing. I am positive JL will lose a screen due to PLFs and Coco might have to share one of it’s two screens with Ferdinand since it lost the PLF split like JL, and like 80% of the holdovers gone. By the time Wednesday comes I think JL will be gone. Coco might stay due Disney shenanigans, it happened with Moana last year.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1