ZeeSoh

Tuesday (6/12) #s: Coco - $2.49m, JL - $1.72m, Wonder - $1.39m, Thor - $1.02m, DH2 - $0.75m

Some Marvel fans on this site are like Mets fans when they’re good and the Yankees are bad. Yankees fans will rib Mets fans and move on. Mets fans stay at it. DC’s superheroes are timeless and one movie will not erase that. Same goes for Marvel heroes. The Amazing Spider-Man movies did not destroy his brand. 

JL was a disappointment. It isn’t the first and it won’t be the last. Maybe it tops off at 230, maybe 240 or maybe even 250. At this point, it isn’t making the minimum 350 that was expected. I choose to enjoy the movie for the fun that it was. I had a great time both times that I saw it. Now, looking forward to next year’s slate of Black Panther, Avengers and Aquaman. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Amrwael22 said:

hopefully TLJ next week will end the trolling/defending of JL numbers they are disappointing numbers it doesn't matter if it will end up with 230M or 240M really lets move on 

I’m sure that discussion will just move onto how much lower it opens than Force Awakens ;)

• Haha 1

Does every motherfucking post have to be a DC and Marvel comparison?  All of you including myself have:  

1.  watched both DC and Marvel movies in theaters and at home. 

2. Have no financial stake in either company. 

You all sound ridiculous. :lol: 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m sure that discussion will just move onto how much lower it opens than Force Awakens ;)

or how it held well against it and that WOM kicked in, holds better than FB and HG:MJ2 :jeb!: it goes both ways..

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Does every motherfucking post have to be a DC and Marvel comparison?  All of you including myself have:  

i totally agree it's not like you are cheering for a football club or something so u don't support other clubs. i love DC characters more than marvel's but i tend to like marvel's movies more i was disappointed with AOU also with BvS and JL. anyway this war will never stop but it needs to cool down :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Wrong! I own 3 shares of disney stock! Maybe if I bash DC hard enough it will convince people marvel is better and they'll see Marvel films and I'll gain PROFITZ. It's foolproof!

• ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

What's JL's ww number going to end up like? $670m? Will that amount help WB break even?

No they industry experts estimated it needed 750m WW to break even. Yeah that looks like the number it will end up.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

No they industry experts estimated it needed 750m WW to break even. Yeah that looks like the number it will end up.

Interested in where you saw that 750 million figure? Deadline and Forbes said 600, if I remember correctly. Furthermore, no one has officially confirmed the budget at 300 million. I have seen up to 300 million quotes. Could be that, but could be less as well. 

I do do recall the rumors for Valerian’s budget and I believe BOM has now listed it at 177. Maybe they’re wrong but that is far lower than speculated around the time of its release.

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Interested in where you saw that 750 million figure? Deadline and Forbes said 600, if I remember correctly. Furthermore, no one has officially confirmed the budget at 300 million. I have seen up to 300 million quotes. Could be that, but could be less as well. 

No, the budget swelled to at least $300 million. That's also ignoring a typical blockbuster $150 million+ global marketing and distribution budget. This film needs a hell of a lot more than anything in the $600 million range.

15 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Wrong! I own 3 shares of disney stock! Maybe if I bash DC hard enough it will convince people marvel is better and they'll see Marvel films and I'll gain PROFITZ. It's foolproof!

I've actually seen this argued before as sad as that sounds.   The truth is that there is room for both obviously.   If DC does well it doesn't hurt Marvel.  Marvel doing well doesn't hurt DC.   In fact,  I think both companies want the other to do well.  

This "rivalry" only exists on internet forums and some morons on twitter.    If DC was truly hurt by Marvel then you wouldn't have a Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman situation where both were crazy successful.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

No, the budget swelled to at least $300 million. That's also ignoring a typical blockbuster $150 million+ global marketing and distribution budget. This film needs a hell of a lot more than anything in the $600 million range.

It'll break even sooner or later with TV rights or Blu Ray sales etc..  I think WB is probably just happy this is over at this point.  I felt the marketing was never truly behind it.  They knew what was coming. 

9 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I do do recall the rumors for Valerian’s budget and I believe BOM has now listed it at 177. Maybe they’re wrong but that is far lower than speculated around the time of its release.

Deadline said $650m I believe and their calculation includes ancillaries and stuff. This is not breaking even theatrically no matter what lmao

6 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

I was thinking that movie has to earn 3-3.5x it's budget to break even?

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Deadline said $650m I believe and their calculation includes ancillaries and stuff. This is not breaking even theatrically no matter what lmao

You have 600+ posts and 500 of them are bashing this film.  Just saying,  there are other topics to discuss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad both made $80m from Blu day and dvd sales in the US alone. No streaming, international sales, tv, international tv, international streaming etc. Justice League will eventually make profit on home video. 

Plus we don’t know the official budget, tax credits, product placement blah blah. 

It’ll make money. Just not as much as it could/should have. 

• Like 4