DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I see a future and see Amazon and Netflix releasing Studio Level small or mid-budget movies every Friday on streaming services.

That is gonna be the real disruptor. 

That is clearly one of the big things that Disney is moving against, here.

And that also means less screening copies for people to bootleg.  ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

How do we know the public isn't interested in mid-budget movies?  Some do very well...  others don't.  Just like any other category.  People who want LESS OPTIONS  are weird af.  Why,  as a consumer,  do you want less people giving the green light on future projects? 

"The public wants what the public gets."

-- The Jam

People don't know what they want unless they have a variety of choices.  Otherwise, they get used to Marvel and Disney fare because that's all they see.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It is for both coasts, but at DL, you can access it online for an upcharge in conjunction with the standard system. At WDW, paper Fastpass went away, so you have to use it online or in park.

Gotcha. So the system is a bit different over there. Yeah I get why regular park goers would be upset about that option.

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I am not cheering on Disney here really, however they are making a smart decision from a business point of view.

Piracy in the music industry went away due to streaming, not through saying 'stop it'. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

How do we know the public isn't interested in mid-budget movies?  Some do very well...  others don't.  Just like any other category.  People who want LESS OPTIONS  are weird af.  Why,  as a consumer,  do you want less people giving the green light on future projects? 

They are, just not as interested in paying 20 bucks for them when they are out on Netflix in a few months or when Netflix starts releasing them. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yeah I would say if anything is in danger from this deal, it's less the smaller indie style films and more the mid budget blockbusters. The stuff that is already becoming more of a rarity these days (or at least the memorable ones). 

Now Disney is formulaic there and I get the frustration but other studios haven't been so great with those either.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I am not sure they really exists, some are saying that just because they shifted into a fighting debate mode, the rational part of the brain tend to  close, they feel attacked about what they prefer and say stuff like we need less of them because they heard people saying we need less superheroes movies taking all the screens and resources, without really thinking or caring about and really wanting less 50 to 80 million movies made in 2020.

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I see a future and see Amazon and Netflix releasing Studio Level small or mid-budget movies every Friday on streaming services.

That is gonna be the real disruptor. 

I also see that future. It's already starting to happen with Netflix. Just look at the Will Smith thing coming out I think next week.

Will Smith used to the poster guy for blockbusters yet his latest film is straight to Netflix. Clearly things are shifting.

• Like 1

So...all this passion and no one is even wondering about the Murdoch kid moving into an executive role at Disney?

That's some real "doom" in my mind.   That could bring the Fox stink to Marvel movies.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

If the studios are making less of them, that's how we know.    Studios like making money.  If there is a market there, they are certainly not going to ignore it.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I also see that future. It's already starting to happen with Netflix. Just look at the Will Smith thing coming out I think next week.

Will Smith used to the poster guy for blockbusters yet his latest film is straight to Netflix. Clearly things are shifting.

He wanted to work with Ayer.

Edited by Heat Vision

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

and the thing is I would not dream of paying 15 bucks to see such a film in theatres, but I will likely catch that film on Netflix.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am not cheering on Disney here really, however they are making a smart decision from a business point of view.

Piracy in the music industry went away due to streaming, not through saying 'stop it'. 

Went away in good part due to a destruction of value and price reduction, if they would try to make CD money from streaming piracy would still be going on:

the-future-of-music-industry-3-638.jpg?c

Adjusted for inflation the drop was spectacular, 28.6 b to 10.7 billion, a 65% drop.

You can fully pirate the CD experience of musics, you can fully pirates the streaming experience (and will be if it is not kept to a really low price, like music did and now Netflix do), you cannot pirate fully the theatrical experience (or the live music show) and if you try to do the current windows money just from streaming, piracy would probably still be going on because of the price point you would need to charge for it.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Went away in good part due to a destruction of value and price reduction, if they would try to make CD money from streaming piracy would still be going on:

the-future-of-music-industry-3-638.jpg?c

Adjusted for inflation the drop was spectacular, 28.6 b to 10.7 billion, a 65% drop.

You can fully pirate the CD experience of musics, you can fully pirates the streaming experience (and will be if it is not kept to a really low price, like music did and now Netflix do), you cannot pirate fully the theatrical experience (or the live music show) and if you try to do the current windows money just from streaming, piracy would probably still be going on because of the price point you would need to charge for it.

You can also pretty much stream whatever CD you want on Youtube.