grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

What, pray tell, is wrong with SW being 'just another franchise'.

See, that is where I draw a difference with you. As long as the films are very good to great, keep churning them out, I say.

(For the record, I think Lucasfilm has gone 3 for 3 on the 'very good'/'great' scale; you, I know, disagree. ;))

8140256258_9636a58f0b1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

BTW, if, IF, Solo does more than 400 DOM (or ever 425/450 DOM), then I shudder to think what SW films will do in the future. :o

And, remember, I'm the charter member of the 'Solo will do less than 400/425 DOM' society.  But damn if TLJ's run giving me pause in thinking that it just might hit 400/425 after all.  

In fact, I tend to think Solo's run might be helped if it is as 'light' as I suspect it will be.  Be nice to have a lighter SW film after the last two 'heavy' ones.  A nice change of pace, if you will.

Demo stats: http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

PP3:

77/23 gender split in favor of females

59% of the audience is under 25

38% of the audience is females under 25

33% of the audience is "older females"

Showman:

73/27 gender split in favor of females

Downsizing:

51/49 gender split in favor of females, who gave it a C

20% of the audience is under 25, who gave it a D+

Father Figures:

53/47 gender split in favor of males

25% of the audience is under 25

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What would have happened if SW8 and Avatar2 had clashed somehow? SW8 would have easily taken the ow despite taking a hit imo.

SW8 170 ow / 550 dom

Cameron probably forced Disney to buy Fox just to ensure a situation like this would never happen. :P

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Demo stats: http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

PP3:

77/23 gender split in favor of females

Downsizing:

51/49 gender split in favor of females, who gave it a C

20% of the audience is under 25, who gave it a D+

I am part of the 23%. Have you seen the Queen yet Han?

Downsizing's Cinemascore Jesus Christ :hahaha:

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Father Figures:

53/47 gender split in favor of males

25% of the audience is under 25

So there were 53 males and 47 females in total watching the movie. Interesting that that translates to 25 of them beeing under 25.

Spoiler

:sparta:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What would have happened if SW8 and Avatar2 had clashed somehow? SW8 would have easily taken the ow despite taking a hit imo.

SW8 170 ow / 550 dom

Missing a 0 added for you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If Solo hits 400 in that release spot and with everything else going against it, then I will agree that Disney has nothing to worry about with the annual releases for awhile. But I think sub 300 is more likely than 400. 

*bookmarked in case Solo does 150/400 with 'only' a 2.67x multi* :P

(note: 3day or 4day?  Ain't telling :ph34r::lol:)

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am part of the 23%. Have you seen the Queen yet Han?

Downsizing's Cinemascore Jesus Christ :hahaha:

Not yet! I had to go where it's covered in all the colored lights yesterday. I'm thinking either PP3 or Money is the next movie I see, though it's all up in the air.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Avatar 2 is going to be the most interesting upcoming film to watch what happens at the box office. There's about six different ways I see it going. 

It's true there will be many many terrible predictions.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Missing a 0 added for you

fixed...

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cameron Iron Jimbo probably forced Disney to buy Fox just to ensure a situation like this would never happen. :P

• Haha 2

I dont think theres been a bigger wildcard than Avatar 2 in box office history. Anything from under 1,5B to over 3B is possible with the low- and high-ends beeing highly unlikely, but not impossible.