grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Just now, Brainbug said:

I dont think theres been a bigger wildcard than Avatar 2 in box office history. Anything from under 1,5B to over 3B is possible with the low- and high-ends beeing highly unlikely, but not impossible.

Under 1.5 sounds pretty impossible. Don't see how it would implode like that unless Cameron has lost every skill he has. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not brave enough to face the mouse alone. On a serious note.. i'm expecting 700-900m dom and 2.4m to 2.8b os

Quik maths thats 3.1b to 3.5b

That's actually surprisingly reasonable coming from you. :P I was thinking it would be something like 1.2B DOM/3B OS. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Under 1.5 sounds pretty impossible. Don't see how it would implode like that unless Cameron has lost every skill he has. 

Im hesitent to call any performance for Avatar 2 impossible. Under 1,5B Worldwide has like a 0,01 chance % of happening, but i just dont want to completely disregard that possibility when we dont have any idea where the sequels will be going and when theres no marketing for it yet.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

That's actually surprisingly reasonable coming from you. :P I was thinking it would be something like 1.2B DOM/3B OS. 

The thing is that America can't be trusted for a DOM like that. I like your numbers more, im gunning for that big 1b from china.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

The thing is that America can't be trusted for a DOM like that. I like your numbers more, im gunning for that big 1b from china.

Those are not my numbers lol, those are the numbers I expected from you. I guess with a gun to my head right now I'd probably predict something like 700/1.9B for it. 

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im hesitent to call any performance for Avatar 2 impossible. Under 1,5B Worldwide has like a 0,01 chance % of happening, but i just dont want to completely disregard that possibility when we dont have any idea where the sequels will be going and when theres no marketing for it yet.

This is the advantage I have on most posters, my guy is super talented and will deliver a great sequel.

I know the film will be great and im working from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Those are not my numbers lol, those are the numbers I expected from you. I guess with a gun to my head right now I'd probably predict something like 700/1.9B for it. 

Well I guess my out there part of my prediction is the 1b from China.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Agreed. Foreign audiences will carry avatar 2 to $1.5b all by themselves. $2b WW is by no means guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Avatar will be hovering right around $1b adjusted by 2020. People may wanna keep that in mind when saying sub 500. 

Though im still not convinced it comes out in 2020 :ph34r:

• Like 1