Ezen Baklattan

BOT Golden Globes - Ceremony Discussion Thread!

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hint: if something by me is posted in mostly all lowercase, then I’m probbaly not being serious.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

that’s the joke

So... you are not being serious about it being a joke? :thinking: 

• Like 1

Overall I was pretty happy with the choices. I think the theme of female empowerment is going to carry over into the Oscars too. Natalie Portman's comment caught fire on Twitter so I could easily see Greta being nominated for director and maybe even Detroit getting some more recognition. Molly's Game deserves more attention too.

Was really happy Del Toro won. Outside Blade Runner 2049, The Shape Of Water was the most mesmerizing film I saw in 2017. 

Was all for Lady Bird and figured it was a shoe in once Little Lies kept winning everything. The only film I thought got robbed was Coco in the song category. Remember Me should have won.

Three Billboards sweeping didn't really surprise me either especially with Frances Mcdormand being a poster board type of character for this Times Up movement. I thought the movie was really inconsistent myself but I get why people love it.

I think the best picture race at the Oscars is going to be between Lady Bird, Three Billboards and Call Me By Your Name.

I'm seeing a lot of backlash towards Three Billboards and Get Out being snubbed though so who knows. That could catch on with media outlets and cause Get Out to get more attention. I don't see it winning over the others though.

The craziest moments of the show were seeing Tommy and Tonya. Like I said in the reviews for each of those films, it feels like they are getting the last laugh after being mocked for so long.

Edited by somebody85

46 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This isn't surprising. Franco got negative media attention for doing some web camera thing with an underage girl a few years ago I believe.

I don't think this will effect him. Christian Slaters regularly been at these shows for Mr. Robot and no ones said anything until now too.