aabattery

Terminal | 11th May, 2018 | Thriller from Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, Mike Myers but NO TOM HANKS

https://www.thewrap.com/margot-robbie-noir-thriller-terminal-acquired-by-rlje-films/

Margot-Robbie-Terminal-.jpg

Margot Robbie’s Noir Thriller ‘Terminal’ Acquired by RLJE Films

Simon Pegg, Mike Myers, Max Irons and Dexter Fletcher also star in the film, which has a planned release for the spring of 2018

#NotMyTerminal #BringBackBerg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

How did they film this with no info appearing on BOT ?

I would have thought someone would have been tracking it.

Margot has so much shit in development that it is nigh impossible to keep track of it all.

Someone on HSX pointed out that this studio has put out nine films so far and none have reported box office so it doesn’t quite bode well for this movie. ‘Tis a shame. Margot Robbie as a femme fatale is a home run in my eyes. She’s my very close number two behind my goddess.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Someone on HSX pointed out that this studio has put out nine films so far and none have reported box office so it doesn’t quite bode well for this movie. ‘Tis a shame. Margot Robbie as a femme fatale is a home run in my eyes. She’s my very close number two behind my goddess.

That's weird because RLJE Entertainment has put out some interesting under-the-radar stuff, including:

Bone Tomahawk

The Phenom

Once Upon a Time in Venice

Bushwick 

The Limehouse Golem

The Osiris Child

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Mayhem

Most of those are very recent.

So maybe the company is just getting started per se. It's undeniable that they'd been steadily and quietly building a reputation outside the theatrical sphere. A company has to start somewhere truly break through; perhaps this film, with Margot Robbie, is the one that puts them on the map, sort of like how The Gift put STX Entertainment on the map back in 2015.

1 minute ago, slambros said:

That's weird because RLJE Entertainment has put out some interesting under-the-radar stuff, including:

Bone Tomahawk

The Phenom

Once Upon a Time in Venice

Bushwick 

The Limehouse Golem

The Osiris Child

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Mayhem

Most of those are very recent.

So maybe the company is just getting started per se. It's undeniable that they'd been steadily and quietly building a reputation outside the theatrical sphere. A company has to start somewhere truly break through; perhaps this film, with Margot Robbie, is the one that puts them on the map, sort of like how The Gift put STX Entertainment on the map back in 2015.

Indeed. Perhaps this fits into their mold of specialty niche films in terms of concept.

• Like 1

Maybe RLJE made some really nice offer/pitch to them and they loved working with Neon, etc...

But I did find it strange that Weinstein Co. didn't find a studio interested in I Tonya and had to lost money selling it at a rebate price to Neon after it got an acclaimed screening at TIFF.

And now, no studio interested (or at least enough to win the bid) in her follow up for a project like that ? Even with what I imagine some relationship with WB with her DC projects ?

But that could be indicating very harsh studio market place and probably very few studio movies coming up if even projects like those do not achieve to get picked, imagine for people without her recent track record.

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe RLJE made some really nice offer/pitch to them and they loved working with Neon, etc...

But I did find it strange that Weinstein Co. didn't find a studio interested in I Tonya and had to lost money selling it at a rebate price to Neon after it got an acclaimed screening at TIFF.

And now, no studio interested (or at least enough to win the bid) in her follow up for a project like that ? Even with what I imagine some relationship with WB with her DC projects ?

But that could be indicating very harsh studio market place and probably very few studio movies coming up if even projects like those do not achieve to get picked, imagine for people without her recent track record.

It's gotta be a much larger problem in the industry. It's like there's taking more chances and less chances at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Guess you gotta blame the studio for not reporting them.

How many theaters did it open in? Where did you see it?

Dunno how many cinemas it released in, but it must have been a relatively wide release as it got to my town. Films that are very limited releases are generally relegated to London cinemas only. I remember seeing it February 2016 after one of my last shifts working in the cinema.

Edited by Tree Billboards

According to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494362/?ref_=nv_sr_1 - it was released 19 Feb 2016. You can't click on the release date to see international dates so maybe it only had a theatrical release in the UK?

Looking at data for that weekend, it opened at #33, grossed £29,465, and was released in 52 cinemas. 52 is an okay number, a big release gets 600, compare that to 4000 in the US and thats the equivalent of 350 cinemas in the US. A poor performance but not an insignificant release in terms of screens.

Edited by Tree Billboards

1 minute ago, Tree Billboards said:

According to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494362/?ref_=nv_sr_1 - it was released 19 Feb 2016. You can't click on the release date to see international dates so maybe it only had a theatrical release in the UK?

Looking at data for that weekend, it opened at #33, grossed £29,465, and was released in 52 cinemas. 52 is an okay number, a big release gets 600, compare that to 4000 in the US and thats the equivalent of 350 cinemas in the US. Not an insignificant release.

I can't speak for the US myself.

Then again, I haven't seen it, but I read it was good. So maybe Terminal, like Bone Tomahawk, just has niche appeal.

yeah it was great. Just very surprised if only the UK got it in cinemas. Wonder why that is.

I understand it going straight to DVD because I doubt it would have made any money in cinemas - it's a western themed horror movie that probably would have got an NC17 rating in america. I'm just surprised as to why they would give it a theatrical release in the UK and nowhere else.