La Binoche

A24's HEREDITARY

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

killing sacred deer is top 5 of 2017. it's creepy and funny.

And awfully lazy & basic, like most films of this ilk.

Edited by The Futurist

Yup, that s what all these movies are, lazy and basic, they never even try to justify anything that happens in these movies and directors/writers throw their stupidity against the wall to see what will eventually stick.

To justiffy the lack of competent writing, In interviews you are served with platitudes like :

ambiguity, subtext, "oh I leave to the viewer the interpretation of what actuallly happened", my movie is not "just a horror movie you know, I am a fucking artist, I am transcending the genre." "my favourite director is David Lynch" ... cringe :unsure: ... yaddy yaddah 

Give me a fucking break already.

And critics/cinephiles fall for this bullshit 90% of the time it s almost comical at this point, with the added condescending attitude  towards the Joe & Janes of the world that hated the movie because the story didn't make any sense and oh " there was not enough jump scares for these basics" anyway.

:rolleyes:

Learn how to write a coherent world and fulfilling  story for your audience and get back to the typewriter machine you lazy fucks.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Yup, that s what all these movies are, lazy and basic, they never even try to justify anything that happens in these movies and directors/writers throw their stupidity against the wall to see what will eventually stick.

To justiffy the lack of competent writing, In interviews you are served with platitudes like :

ambiguity, subtext, "oh I leave to the viewer the interpretation of what actuallly happened", my movie is not "just a horror movie you know, I am a fucking artist, I am transcending the genre." "my favourite director is David Lynch" ... cringe :unsure: ... yaddy yaddah 

Give me a fucking break already.

And critics/cinephiles fall for this bullshit 90% of the time it s almost comical at this point, with the added condescending attitude  towards the Joe & Janes of the world that hated the movie because the story didn't make any sense and oh " there was not enough jump scares for these basics" anyway.

:rolleyes:

Learn how to write a coherent world and fulfilling  story for your audience and get back to the typewriter machine you lazy fucks.

:)

Amazing how we went from a masterpiece  like “Rosemary’s baby” being considered an artsy horror film at the time to the abominations we get today. I mean if you want to watch something that doesn’t make any sense (but at least has huge amounts of energy) just watch “possession” and be done with the whole artsy horror sub-genre , it’s all downhill from there.

• Thanks 1

I did not like this film. Didn’t hate it but for me it didn’t live up to the hype.  

It tries to be a family drama, a psychological horror, and a supernatural horror flick all at once.  

It spread itself to thin and just left me underwhelmed overall. I can see why some might like it. There were things I enjoyed but at the same time I can see why it has a D CinemaScore.

Also my audience was laughing the entire movie. No one could take anything seriously.

Also i hate these kinds of films that just throw everything at the wall and leave you wondering what the fuck just happened. I don’t need things spoon fed but your movie should still make sense without needing to write a thesis for it in your head. 

In my opinion it’s vastly inferior to other A24 films. 

2.8/5

Edited by Box Office Freak
  • Like 2

The first 30 minutes of this are excellent.  Getting a migraine, however, is not something I would describe as excellent, and I’m not gonna sit there unable to focus on a great film because of a headache, so I left.  First time I’ve walked out on a film since Pan I believe, another film where I got a headache while watching (or maybe I got a headache because I was watching it).

I’ll try seeing it in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The first 30 minutes of this are excellent.  Getting a migraine, however, is not something I would describe as excellent, and I’m not gonna sit there unable to focus on a great film because of a headache, so I left.  First time I’ve walked out on a film since Pan I believe, another film where I got a headache while watching (or maybe I got a headache because I was watching it).

I’ll try seeing it in the next few days.

yeah migraines suck.  I have seen movies with them, but it's not easy.

• Like 3