That One Girl

Den of Thieves 2: Pantera | Gerry Butler finally getting his franchise

http://deadline.com/2018/02/den-of-thieves-2-sequel-gerard-butler-50-cent-oshea-jackson-1202287504/

Gerard Butler, Tucker Tooley, Mark Canton, Alan Siegel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and director Christian Gudegast with O’Shea Jackson, Jr. (who is in negotiations) have pacted to return for a sequel to the heist thriller Den of Thieves. The project, which will be distributed by STX worldwide and financed by Diamond Film Productions, is being written by Gudegast from an original idea.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

There is a real chance the first film is able to do well on home release. My optimist may cause me to predict things that aren't likely, but after Pitch Perfect, I don't ever want to invalidate a sequel just because the first film's theatrical release was only a modest success. I'm willing to wait and see how this goes.

22 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Wonder what '90s and early '00s crime/police thrillers they're going to smash together into one movie (with no regard as to how well they fit together) this time. Seemed like the first one hit all the classics. 

Yeah, the first trailer I saw for Den Of Thives I thought "The thing they are really stealing from is Heat".

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, the first trailer I saw for Den Of Thives I thought "The thing they are really stealing from is Heat".

Yeah it's the super sized burger version of Heat's lush restaurant meal basically but it's also got some Training Day, even some OG Fast and Furious and Bad Boys 2. And it ends very much like another '90s classic but it'd be a spoiler to say which one. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah it's the super sized burger version of Heat's lush restaurant meal basically but it's also got some Training Day, even some OG Fast and Furious and Bad Boys 2. And it ends very much like another '90s classic but it'd be a spoiler to say which one. 

i definitely saw a clip that was like an exact rip-off of the reggie scene from bad boys 2 (aka the peak of michael bay's career)

• Like 3

On 2/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, Jake Gittes said:

I've not seen Training Day, Fast and Furious or Bad Boys 2, and I don't like Heat, so I'm eyes wide open for den of Thieves :sparta:

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2022/02/den-thieves-gerard-butler-sequel-france-serbia-shoot-1234924849/

EXCLUSIVE: Action sequel Den Of Thieves 2: Pantera is gearing up for a late spring shoot in Serbia and France, we can reveal.

Gerard Butler (Angel Has Fallen), O’Shea Jackson Jr (Straight Outta Compton) and Meadow Williams (Boss Level) are back for the sequel and will be joined by Swen Temmel (After), while Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is expected to join as a producer.

Butler returns as Big Nick (Butler), this time on the hunt in Europe for Donnie (Jackson Jr.) who is embroiled in the dangerous world of diamond thieves and the infamous Panther mafia as they plot a massive heist of the world’s biggest diamond exchange.

Christian Gudegast returns as writer-director. As he did before the first film, we hear Gudegast has researched for the project by spending time with notorious thieves and the investigators that hunt them.

Sierra/Affinity is continuing international sales at the upcoming virtual EFM after first launching the project at Cannes 2019. Some deals have already been inked with international buyers but the U.S. remains in play with multiple suitors currently weighing up a move for the project, we understand.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:03 AM, Jake Gittes said:

Wonder what '90s and early '00s crime/police thrillers they're going to smash together into one movie (with no regard as to how well they fit together) this time. Seemed like the first one hit all the classics. 

I haven't rewatched this since it came out but I wonder if I wasn't appreciative enough at the time. Big Nick has stayed with me. Glad to finally have him back