Jake Gittes

The Lighthouse | Robert Eggers' follow-up to The Witch | Awesome Analog Black & White FILM Technology | Willem Dafoe, Robert Pattinson | October 18, 2019

RT Features and A24 have firmed their reteam with director Robert Eggers on The Lighthouse, the filmmaker’s follow-up to his sleeper hit The Witch. The new project, a fantasy horror story set in the world of old sea-faring myths, will go into production in the spring. Robert Pattinson, coming off Good Time, joins the project in a lead role alongside Willem Dafoe.

The script was written by Robert Eggers and Max Eggers. RT Features’ Rodrigo Teixeira and Lourenço Sant’ Anna developed the project with Robert Eggers and are producing alongside Parts & Labor’s Jay Van Hoy, and Youree Henley. A24 acquired worldwide rights and will distribute the film in the U.S. New Regency (The Revenant) has joined the project as a co-financier.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/robert-pattinson-robert-eggers-the-lighthouse-rodrigo-teixera-a24-new-regency-1202290094/

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Astonished 2

I never saw Eggers' previous film, knowing it wasn't for me. In fact, the mere trailer for that actually caused some things to happen to me psychologically, things that stuck with me for a long period of time- years, even.

But this project sounds like something I'd be interested in. And there's no doubt that Eggers is a great director. So whenever this film's release rolls around, I think I will want to consider giving it a try.

And another thing: when I read that Willem Dafoe was starring in this film that has to do with seafaring, this is what I was reminded of:

56746506e897fe6b4334de3ed02730d4.gif

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1