That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

All the Marvel Stud10s opening weekends this year might add up to over 500M.

Black Panther 250

Infinity War 225

Ant-Man 100

Captain Marvel 100

Infini2 War 225

Mysterio's Fishbowl 250

• Like 1

This for me pretty much locks $850M which means that come Infinity War the 5 past MCU films would have grossed $300M+ Domestic and $850M+ Worldwide. Almost every other franchise other than Harry Potter and Star Wars would be happy with that but what's even more remarkable is those 5 films would all be released within a 12 month span. 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Black Panther 250

Infinity War 225

Ant-Man 100

Captain Marvel 100

Infini2 War 225

Mysterio's Fishbowl 250

1- Only 100M for Captain Marvel? Why do you hate women?

2- #KeepWhoeverDirectedHomecomingAwayFromMysterio

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

This for me pretty much locks $850M which means that come Infinity War the 5 past MCU films would have grossed $300M+ Domestic and $850M+ Worldwide. Almost every other franchise other than Harry Potter and Star Wars would be happy with that but what's even more remarkable is those 5 films would all be released within a 12 month span. 

The five will also surpass $5b WW cumulatively. In a 12 month release span. Insane. 

• Like 2

I still in disbelief at these numbers, especially the international numbers especially when some racially biased posters insisted there wasn’t interest outside of the US in the movie.

EC mentioned it some weeks ago that $150m+ was the floor for domestic OW but I didn’t believe him. I’m fucking ecstatic that so many people came out to support  black led movie set in Africa. Its even more uplifting to see so many white people in these very testy political times show up to a movie that might have showcased “identity politics”.

l

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

I still in disbelief at these numbers, especially the international numbers especially when some racially biased posters insisted there wasn’t interest outside of the US in the movie.

EC mentioned it some weeks ago that $150m+ was the floor for domestic OW but I didn’t believe him. I’m fucking ecstatic that so many people came out to support  black led movie set in Africa. Its even more uplifting to see so many white people in these very testy political times show up to a movie that might have showcased “identity politics”.

l

EC said a couple of days back that Rampage could be big and do 200+ dom. His stock keeps shooting up and now am curious to see how Rampage does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

300m OW for IW. 

Poor Ant-Man, still not sure if that one is gonna clear much past 200 DOM. I guess his name is fitting among titans. 

I don't think ANT-MAN2 can fall below 200. MCU's reputation is on another level. Even THOR2 bumped above 205 from THOR1 which did close to ANT-MAN1. THOR2 had the TA bump and ANT-MAN2 will follow BP and AIW. Also THOR2 was not well received so ANT-MAN2 could have better reception in it's favor compared to THOR2. I really feel 225+ is likely while 250+ would be oh so MCU.

• Like 3

Am I reading 210-220 opening? would this kind of data head us to IW OW over TFA OW?:ohmygod::ohmygod:

Said this, BP could not the be the biggest opener in a single market this weekend... China is celebrating their New Year. There are 2 films that could open to a similar level than BP. Amazing weekend around the world to follow.

• Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Considering the movie's time frame, maybe not. Hell, is he even in IW? They sure don't want to show him in the marketing if so. 

Pretty sure I read a quote from Feige or someone that they were specifically not in it b/c they wanted to debut Wasp in her own movie before having them in Part 2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peludo said:

Am I reading 210-220 opening? would this kind of data head us to IW OW over TFA OW?:ohmygod::ohmygod:

Said this, BP could not the be the biggest opener in a single market this weekend... China is celebrating their New Year. There are 2 films that could open to a similar level than BP. Amazing weekend around the world to follow.

Do we know what the biggest worldwide weekend was overall? Loads of crazy numbers gonna be coming out in the next few days.

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

Given this performance I would say Infinity War is locked to break Force Awakens opening record.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, B D Joe said:

They should have been making these movies with non-white or non-male heros years ago.  Idiot studios, look how much money they've been missing out on.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

"People don't want to see women or black people pictures."

- A sentence that has likely been uttered by clueless studio executives since the creation of the Hollywood studio.

I mean, Blade was thing.

A good thing. A lovely thing. I like Blade. I really do.

When are we getting the reboot?

• Like 2