That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

15 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Looks like their DCOM budgets still haven't moved from the 1999-2007 golden age. But seriously, what a run Disney Channel had there. I was all for it.

Smart House, Luck of The Irish, Halloweentown etc... I was a big fan of that era of DCOM. Used to love watching one every night at 8. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

@EmpireCity Any chance we could get a grasp from you this weekend? You normally have access to what films are likely to do, but you've been oddly quiet this weekend?

Also you generally make the thread a more lively place, so I look forward to that :) 

I have been saying for over a year I expected this to be a gigantic watershed cultural movie.  The last few months I felt it would go $185m+ for the 4 day, so to see it heading towards $215m+ is incredible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

us:wintf:

I have a soft spot for Temple of Doom, my best friend and I went to see it together on its original run. He is no longer with us but I will always have that memory of him noticing the lady sitting in front of us moving along when the mine cart would move, left, right, up and down on screen... it was so funny. It's like when you try and move your Nintendo game controller thinking it will do something..... lol

I guess I am dating myself... I'm old....

Edited by Chad Stevens
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

y'know that's the first time i've actually watched a clip of lab rats.

hmm.

The only thing I ever saw of the show were the promos that played during Phineas and Ferb reruns. I remember thinking to myself, "How come the black kid is the only person in the show that doesn't have any superpowers?"

That still irks me.