That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

The Good Marvels

Black Panther

Guardians

Guardians 2

Ant-Man

Iron Man 

Iron Man 3

Civil War

Thor: Ragnarok

The rest range from ehhhhhh to bad. Avengers and Winter Soldier are on the higher end of the ehhhhhhh range. Age of Ultron and Dark World are the worst

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And yesterday afternoon I watched the Dark World.  It's still towards the bottom of my MCU films.  But I did think maybe I've been a bit too harsh on this.   Malekith is still is the worst villian.

• Like 2

So far, the number of pages in this thread has been doing an uncanny job of tracking BP’s gross. So to help do my part in getting us to 240, I’ll join in a bit with the Marvel ranking. Tiers are pretty fixed, but movement within tiers is very possible when I rewatch for A4:     

Tier 1 —  Winter Soldier, Civil War, Black Panther, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy   

Tier 2 — Ragnarok, Homecoming, First Avenger, Guardians Vol 2, Ant-Man, Avengers   

Tier 3 — Age of Ultron, Thor, Iron Man 3, Doctor Strange   

Tier 4 — Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Dark World

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I'm not sure why many are still applying "usual" or even conservative multiples to this.  This is a supply-constrained movie (at least in several major markets...major for this movie at least) unlike any I can think of. If there were more screens and showtimes the number would be higher.  Using the weekend number is going to underestimate as it does not represent the actual demand for this movie.  Would it have been 300M if Atlanta had twice as many showings?  etc.  I live in DC, am a big Marvel fan and have not been able to watch it!  I'm stalking AMC Georgetown for when the showtimes for next Friday show up so I and 3 others can pounce. I think 700M is going to seem low after next weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My top Marvel movies would probably be,

Winter Solider 

Black Panther

Civil War

Guardians 2

Guardians 1

Iron Man 1 / 3

Thor Ragnarok 

Age of Ultron is also the most underrated, and The Dark World is easily the most "whatever" Marvel film. 

• Like 3

My first ever MCU ranking!!

Favourites:- Avengers1, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Guardians 1, Guardians 2, 

Awesome:- Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Iron Man, Age of Ultron

Very Good:- SMH, DS, IM3, CA1, Thor 1

Good:- Ant Man

Meh :- IM2, Thor 2

Not Seen:- Incredible Hulk

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2