That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take: Ant-Man is an upper tier Marvel movie and Paul Rudd is hilarious. He feels like a real (funny) human in the middle of all this serious ass boom bang shit. 

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Only Civil War is worse 

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take: Ant-Man is an upper tier Marvel movie and Paul Rudd is hilarious. He feels like a real (funny) human in the middle of all this serious ass boom bang shit. 

Not a hot take.

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Agreed because killing Superman made both BvS and JL masterpieces.

In some cases i said. BvS was just a shit movie, Supermans death meant nothing for the viewer. Killing Iron Man or CA after witnessing 2 hours of built-up in Civil War before their final fight? Now, that would make for a ballsy move and a great movie instead of the generic one we got. And i completely agree with @Cmasterclay that Mackie shoud replace Chris Evans, who made a really good job and should have stepped aside in CW already.

Just now, Brainbug said:

In some cases i said. BvS was just a shit movie, Supermans death meant nothing for the viewer. Killing Iron Man or CA after witnessing 2 hours of built-up in Civil War before their final fight? Now, that would make for a ballsy move and a great movie instead of the generic one we got. And i completely agree with @Cmasterclay that Mackie shoud replace Chris Evans, who made a really good job and should have stepped aside in CW already.

I think it has to be seen how Captain American is sent off in IW...

I think the fanbase is really digging this more sombre, rough CA with a beard. 

MCU ranking:

1.) Black Panther

2.) Winter Solider 

3.) Iron Man 

4.) Guardians V2

5.) Avengers

6.) Iron Man 3

7.) Guardians

8.) Thor: Ragnarok

9.) Ultron

10.) Ant Man

11.) Spider-Man Homecoming 

12/13.) Doctor Strange/Civil War

14.) Captain America 

15.) Thor

16.) Iron Man 2

17.) Hulk

18.) Thor 2

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's very solid. Rudd is well-cast, and the train climax is a lot of fun too. I think Ant Man & The Wasp is being underestimated a bit. Won't make BP numbers, but it doesn't have to.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Seriously Renner and Mackie were the only guys having any fun in Civil War. Wish the movie was just them

Tbh I don't think Civil War was about being "fun".

Yeah, there was the sometimes cringey (and tonally inconsistent) humor during the airport fight, but otherwise the movie's tone wasn't really meant to be humorous and/or lighthearted like the previous Avengers flicks pretty much were. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I've just been reminded of the super awkward ass Falcon scene in Ant-Man :rofl:

Both of these are true

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's very solid. Rudd is well-cast, and the train climax is a lot of fun too. I think Ant Man & The Wasp is being underestimated a bit. Won't make BP numbers, but it doesn't have to.  

I'm thinking like 75/200 at most, but that ain't bad

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Only Civil War is worse 

Dammit Ethan...

Your contrarian levels are starting to reach the fanboy backlash point.

And then you'll double down and hit the general forum backlash point.

Which means a 5 hour minimum dry spell of likes.

*sigh*

1. Iron Man 3

2. The Winter Soldier

3. Age of Ultron

4. Black Panther

5. Guardians of the Galaxy 

6. The Incredible hulk

7. The First Avenger

8. Iron Man

9. Doctor Strange 

10. Avengers

11. Thor 

12. Iron Man 2

13. Homecoming

14. The Dark World

15. Ant-Man

16. Civil War

Still haven't seen GotG2 or Ragnarok

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah...no. Nobody should replace Evans since he is captain America(and a fantastic captain America at that) and no major character should have been killed before the infinity gauntlet movies which is the culmination of the MCU.

• Like 1