grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

18 hours ago, Bigscrubnus said:

It’s frustrating to watch people underestimate this movie so badly (mostly in the box office subreddit). I get the internet hates these films, but the fact that people haven’t learned their lessons from underestimating the first two astounds me.

I even have found several articles claiming itll fail to break a billion. Mostly from really dumb places like fandomwire.

I don’t see how you can look at all the data and go “the audience clearly hates these movies”

r/boxoffice is full of idiots, I would just ignore them

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

what do you mean there are 4 Avengers films? 🙄

there are only 3.

Assemble
Infinity War
Endgame 

Age Roughly one week of Ultron is still an Avengers movie, even if it is the highest-grossing flop of all time.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Unfortunately yes for INT. Even if ignoring China non-release of DS 2, Europe and Japan will probably still eat this up and Asia won't be able to give that much edge to DS2.

I want to give this a like, but that typo in the first word (you mistakenly added the un- to "Fortunately") prevents me from doing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:02 PM, Brainbug said:

All this slander of Fallen Kingdom :sadno:

It is my duty as the resistent Jurassic Park/World apologist that i am to disagree. Fallen Kingdom is (very) stupid, yes, but its a masterpiece nonetheless. Great movie. 10/10. It has dinosaurs in it.

Dont fight me with arguments, they wont convince me :qotd:

The problem of Fallen Kingdom was it's scake, i couldn't care 2 boys about critics but reason it had little less positive reception from general audience was it's scale was low..... Dumpster to Jurassic World which was a grand extravaganza with a grand setting..... Jurassic Movies shouldn't be small or set up inside in a mansion, it's should be open world adventure..... And thankfully Jurassic World Dominion is taking care of that.

And Jurassic World ending was one of the most bonkers set pieces ever put in a blockbuster, Fallen Kingdom final fight was just ok..... Hopefully Dominion Dinosaur action and especially final showdown is crazy like Jurassic World.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:59 AM, Brainbug said:

Since Dominion opens here in Germany already on Thursday June 9th, i have planned my summer semester classes accordingly so that i have no classes in the evening past 5 pm. In that way, i should be able to achieve my goal of seeing the movie in the opening weekend here (Thu-Sun) atleast 2 times a day, so 8 viewings in the inital phase. After that, 1 viewing a day for approx. 2 weeks should be enough i think.

So that's how these films do that much in Germany. Gotta divide whatever come by 20 for fair numbers.

@Thanos Legion take note of this box office fraud.

• Haha 2

I think Jurassic World is a great experience. Flawed, but it knows exactly what it needs to be, a RollerCoaster, and it is with proud, making very hard to not have fun with it.

Fallen Kingdom otherwise take itself so seriously that it's nearly Impossible to trully enjoy it beyond a few sequences. The tone is a mess and makes the whole thing nearly crumble, it's not totally bad because the big scale action and the horror vibes in some sequences saves the day, but it gets close to be real bad.

Luckily they bring back Trevorrow, the trailer is dope. I'm hopeful he will end the trilogy in a high note.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Ahh I keep forgetting that Trevorrow is directing. Ok I'm back on the "under $500M DOM" train because this will be a mess. 

You forgot that he made the first JW which was a WOM-monster? He knows how to make a fun, crowd-pleasing movie at least.

• Like 1