chasmmi

The Summer Game is Here!! Infernus wins it... pipping WrathofHan in the final revels who had to settle for second after leading the whole way... Wrath wrapped it up in third!

7 minutes ago, A Roc in Time said:

Well, I'm definitely not getting in Week 0.

Still dunno about week 1. I started doing the pre-seasons and just couldn't muster enough energy to really dig into it.

Do it! We need more people, this seems like a really low turnout if more aren't going to join within the next week. 

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Do it! We need more people, this seems like a really low turnout if more aren't going to join within the next week. 

My attention was really diverted during the winter game, and I don't think that's going to change significantly over the summer. My job really takes it out of me, such that doing the whole prediction rigamarole is a chore. And I apparently have a tendency to forget to do the weeklies at all.

We'll see. But I just get beyond the top five or so in any of the prediction sections and just sigh.

3 hours ago, Deja23 said:

I’ve been thinking about playing, and even answered some questions, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep it up for the rest of the summer. Will be a very busy one for me. Plus, I’d probably do really badly anyway since I only got interested in box office less than a year ago. I’ll post my responses if I remember before the deadlines. 

It's fine to do what you can. The biggest thing to fill out is the big preseason list one (top 15 etc).

People can sometimes get decent positions / respect just by nailing that. 

Just don't @MrPink is and fluke one set of great preseasons and then run and hide for subsequent games so as not to be shown up as the one hit wonder he may be.:apocalypse:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A Roc in Time said:

My attention was really diverted during the winter game, and I don't think that's going to change significantly over the summer. My job really takes it out of me, such that doing the whole prediction rigamarole is a chore. And I apparently have a tendency to forget to do the weeklies at all.

We'll see. But I just get beyond the top five or so in any of the prediction sections and just sigh.

Eh, I'm horrible myself about keeping up with all the weeklies and SOTMs, but I've still gotten decent placings because of my pre-seasons. That's the bulk of the score, as chasmmi just pointed out as well, so you should at least do that. You never know, you could win the game off of that alone. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Eh, I'm horrible myself about keeping up with all the weeklies and SOTMs, but I've still gotten decent placings because of my pre-seasons. That's the bulk of the score, as chasmmi just pointed out as well, so you should at least do that. You never know, you could win the game off of that alone. 

You realize I've actually won the game before 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Iirc, like half the preseason entries get posted in like the last 90 minutes before the final deadline.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deja23 said:

I’ve been thinking about playing, and even answered some questions, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep it up for the rest of the summer. Will be a very busy one for me. Plus, I’d probably do really badly anyway since I only got interested in box office less than a year ago. I’ll post my responses if I remember before the deadlines. 

As a time saver, its fine to glance through other folks’s answers to find the right ballpark. I mean, you’ll never win relying enitrely on that (waiting for a past winner to chime in that that’s exactly how they won), but if you’re unsure its a good way to get started.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, A Roc in Time said:

Well, I'm definitely not getting in Week 0.

Still dunno about week 1. I started doing the pre-seasons and just couldn't muster enough energy to really dig into it.

Please do it we need Tele to finish one spot lower

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Haha, no I didn't, but I was just saying you could win without doing anything except the pre-seasons. Is that how you won that year? 

Oh, lord, no. It was a close thing. I had a good preseason, but not the best 

If @Chewyhad kept up with the weeklies he probably would have cruised to a win. He came in third all told, Iirc.

(I contend that my victory was largely due to not buying into the hype that everyone else did and putting huge numbers for Civil War. So as a piece of advice, keep that in mind when predicting IW) 

8 hours ago, A Roc in Time said:

Oh, lord, no. It was a close thing. I had a good preseason, but not the best 

If @Chewyhad kept up with the weeklies he probably would have cruised to a win. He came in third all told, Iirc.

(I contend that my victory was largely due to not buying into the hype that everyone else did and putting huge numbers for Civil War. So as a piece of advice, keep that in mind when predicting IW) 

Accept this could be that time ala Wonder Woman which I remember most losing out for predicting under. Way under. 

Point is. Go with your gut. Or roll the dice. Just remember 

for those that didn’t do week 0 questions. Everything else - preseason, SOTM1,2,3,4, BOTM and QOTW are all due on the 26th. Day before IW opens.  If u did answer week 0 and either edit or haven’t posted the preason u get 0 for week 0 then as if u didn’t answer. 

But changing that pass is fraught with danger.  Oh the fun of it. 

Btw at a glance 18 entries are valid (I think) for week 0 assuming u put in answers. 

I am in it to win it this year. And if tele decides not to play most of the time then that makes me very happy because it guarantees me to finish ahead of him

• Like 2