Eric Prime

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

26 minutes ago, Alli said:

Who cares about Tomb Raider and Black panther!? I wanna know the numbers for this masterpiece!!!

dear-dictator-poster.jpg

Michael Caine needed a new house, i guess.

Still a better RT score than The Mummy. :hahaha:

seth green used to be in ever damn comedy in like 2003 haven't seen him in a while thought he was banished to robot chicken.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-raider-black-panther-love-simon-box-office-weekend-1202339172/

Panther: 26M weekend

Tomb Raider: 24-25M weekend

WIT: 15-16M weekend

Simon and ICOI: 12.5-13M weekend

ICOI is beating everything in raw gross right now

I find it hard to trust when they don't give a number for Friday alone. Deadline has been notorious in the past for just saying that a movie is lining up with whatever their projection was

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I find it hard to trust when they don't give a number for Friday alone. Deadline has been notorious in the past for just saying that a movie is lining up with whatever their projection was

Hopefully THR or Variety chimes in soon with data

• Like 1

That is playing a bit like a big IP drop wise (Cinderella did -48.5%) ? Spring break inflated weekdays hurting is weekend ?

Significantly better than Tomorrowland 14,3 M at least.

I imagine Panther will end up above those estimate like always...

Just now, Barnack said:

That is playing a bit like a big IP drop wise (Cinderella did -48.5%) ? Spring break inflated weekdays hurting is weekend ?

I doubt weekdays are hurting the weekend; Peter Rabbit will probably debunk that :lol:  It's just a case of poor WOM. If that number holds, it'll be in for another drop over 50% next weekend when Sherlock Gnomes opens.

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Tepid WOM isn't doing it any favors.

Friday midday update: Once again, it’s another weekend where other studios can blame Black Panther for eating up their homework: The Disney/Marvel movie is looking at its fifth No. 1 notch with an estimated $26M-$28M sending its cume to $604M-$606M by Sunday and crossing that threshold in its 31st day of release. That makes Black Panther the second-fastest to $600M after Star Wars The Force Awakens (12 days) and ahead of Jurassic World (36 days) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (37 days).

Tomb Raider looks to arrive between $22M-$24M — that’s at this point in time. We’ve heard the exhibitor screenings for this Alicia Vikander movie were good.

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

Y'all wrote off shitty legs for WIT so quickly:

Mar 16: 15M (5M weekdays, 66.5M Total)

Mar 23: 6.9M (2.4M weekdays, 75.8M Total)

Mar 30: 3.3M (900k weekdays, 80M Total)

Apr 6: 1.6M (400k weekdays, 82M Total)

Final Total: 85M (2.57x)

It's coming in for a 1k+ TC drop next weekend with two releases opening in over 3,500 theaters, ICOI/Simon expanding by a few hundred, and Panther/Tomb Raider hanging onto screens. Midsize theaters that get all five openers next week more than likely won't have the screens to keep it on Easter weekend, and by April 6, it'll be out of many theaters.

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-raider-black-panther-love-simon-box-office-weekend-1202339172/

Panther: 26M weekend

Tomb Raider: 24-25M weekend

Simon and ICOI: 12.5-13M weekend

ICOI is beating everything in raw gross right now

So, ICOI is Deadline's biggest miss (from early right-before-open predictions) this year...is Deadline still hedging and staying low?  Having the highest sales of all movies so far on Friday should be a good sign of a better day (than what $5M Fri predicted?), since with a 98% on RT audience score, WOM is probably gonna grow...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's coming in for a 1k+ TC drop next weekend with two releases opening in over 3,500 theaters, ICOI/Simon expanding by a few hundred, and Panther/Tomb Raider hanging onto screens. Midsize theaters that get all five openers next week more than likely won't have the screens to keep it on Easter weekend, and by April 6, it'll be out of many theaters.

Budget's only $100m, so not that bad. Still more than what RPO will do, even with terrible WOM :hahaha::hahaha:

Well, that's $8M more than your original after-the-weekend guess:)...I think you're now getting closer:)...

• Thanks 1

Just now, moah said:

Budget's only $100m, so not that bad. Still more than what RPO will do, even with terrible WOM :hahaha::hahaha:

It's bombing overseas, so making a profit might be tough.

As for RPO, we'll see. Presales were pretty encouraging a few days ago.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's bombing overseas, so making a profit might be tough.

As for RPO, we'll see. Presales were pretty encouraging a few days ago.

Didn't hear about pre-sales, just feels like a film devoid of any interest outside of young males. If Edge of Tom couldn't do well w/ Blunt in a co-lead, and Blade Runner bombed with Gosling fresh off La La Land, I don't know how a film catered exclusively towards heterosexual males (generalizing here) would break out beyond the $70-90m range. Maybe the good/great reviews will change the wave. Maybe.

So solide and very good numbers so far :).

And maybe TR and especially Love, Simon and ICOI won`t be so frontloaded like other films of theses genres respectively films with a (very) young audience are due to the very good WOM?